Bladder plaque calcification

11 years 5 months ago #43454 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Bladder plaque calcification
I don't know anything about calcification except the few articles I found on the internet. The only comment I have to offer is to seek out a new doctor/hospital for a second opinion, especially if this is posing a risk to your kidneys. There are some top hospitals in New York and Boston if that is an option for you. Wherever you choose, please make sure it is a top hospital in urology.

If you let us know which area you would be able to get to, there are people here who can recommend further as to medical centers and/or doctors. So sorry you are experiencing this kind of complication and pain.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #43453 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Bladder plaque calcification
Wow, 3Strikes. I have not heard of the calcification. I hope that someone who can help you figure out an answer responds to your post.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

11 years 5 months ago #43452 by 3strikes
Bladder plaque calcification was created by 3strikes
I am looking for help. After my 2nd surgery in 6 months I had six weeks of mytomycin as the BCG had not stopped cancer from reoccurring. I did have a reaction, itch followed by rash on fingers increasing each instillation. (Don't ask me why the fingers, I do not know, but the same every week.)

Bladder cancer has not returned in over two years. What I have is a recurring calcification at 2nd surgery sites. I have been in daily pain for 3 years, had all calcification scraped away on Sept. 7 for the 2nd time. I was in less pain the next morning and have been pretty comfortable until last week.

It is not a ammonia producing type of infection. That leaves an immune response, probably no fix for that, or a nano bacteria type infection. I have been to two urologists and 2 radiologists. Not getting much interest in really finding out the cause. Not getting any solutions other than the scraping. I really cannot have surgery every six weeks.

There is not much current data on calcification except ammonia producing bacteria type. I am now restricted on choice of antibiotics as kidneys are deteriorating.

Anyone have any leads ? Thanks for reading even if no input.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne