Just checking in abcs

11 years 6 months ago #43175 by alanlee
Replied by alanlee on topic Just checking in abcs
Hi everyone. It has been awhile since I checked in here, but maybe I just did not even want to talk too much about BC. Now with another fallen star I began reading again and thought I might as well crawl out from my rock to bring folks up to date. Back in April I had another round of TURBT to take some more tissue from the enlarged prostate out, and my doc thought he saw some "redish areas" in the bladder. Ok, so I had the damn thing done again and there were no signs of the cancer I was told, but it was not an easy recovery. My body was not responding the way I would have liked and I was much weaker as I attempted to get back to regular routines.

Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled that there has been no recurrence and thus far no more cancer. The anethesia took a long time to leave my body, and I excerise was a little more difficult at 63 yrs old. I went away for the summer and was told my next visit would be in November for the cysto, etc.

Right now I am feeling fine and actually able to exercise a bit more strenously without feeling like crap, but it has taken time and some fight out of me.....I hate anethesia, but hey I wanted to be knocked out and boy was I.

Anyway, I hope everyone here is feeling well, and having good reports in your journeys, and I will let everyone know what is going on after my next test.

Alanlee :)

2/2011: diagnosed with non invasive Type1 stage1...and had turbt in march....first follow up 5/19/11, had laser again as it re-occurred.
10/12/2011 TURPT with more bladder laser....still non invasive..
11/17/14 diag. with CIS non invasive, beginning BCG 11/26/14
2/2015 BCG did not work, had another...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #43174 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Just checking in abcs
Thank You for the update.
Your story is the story of TWO. Two people took on Stage IV cancer and wrung it's neck! Thanks you for being the inspiration you are for all the caregivers out there who suffer right along with the patient.

Oh.... By the way. Good for you too, Jim. :)
As I tell everyone, when they ask about my wife; I reply... "I married WAAAY above my station in life!" And Audrey gets so mad at me for it..... But no truer words were ever spoken!

Jim.... you probably, deep down, feel the exact same way!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

11 years 6 months ago #43168 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Just checking in abcs
Thanks everyone for your support and comments. We are thrilled. Many of you know how bad things had gotten with Jim and we are so happy with how things have come about for him. Absolutely I need to post Jim's Story under stories and let those who have been diagnosed that we LIVE a whole lot and so very fully since his RC/IC chemo. We just made up our minds that we weren't going to allow the BC "b**tard cancer" to control our lives we were going to beat it up and move on and LIVE! If it does choose to come back we will kick it around again! Thanks again for being there fo us!

11 years 6 months ago #43166 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Just checking in abcs
So Jim is doing well and you are also. Great news all around. Also glad you checked in..Cheers :laugh:

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

11 years 6 months ago #43154 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Just checking in abcs
Hello Carla... It is so great to hear that Jim is doing so well. And, you are right, people do need to hear Jim's story and know that Stage IV is NOT always the final number! My best to you both...

Catherine

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

11 years 6 months ago #43150 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Just checking in abcs
I'm happy for you both Carla! Great news.

Thanks for checking in and letting us know how Jim is doing.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne