5 Year Check!

11 years 8 months ago #42768 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic 5 Year Check!
Nancy my 5 year is December, but I had that whole issue on the recurrence, did it come back or not during my initial follow up in May 2008. The cytology and fish were negative and two pathologists said clean. second opinion said focal CIS. The urologist at the time went back in for larger sample, cytology negative, hospital pathology said no cancer, send back to same pathologist who saw CIS and confirmed again in the second sample. But the good news I have been clear since.

Joey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #42749 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic 5 Year Check!
Nancy--

That is such wonderful news! Much as you may like your urologist, I'm sure you'll be more than happy to see him/her only once a year. I've been following a somewhat similar schedule to yours, though my recurrence was low grade papillary tumors, and I hope to join you in the "5-year club" next May.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

11 years 8 months ago #42723 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic 5 Year Check!
Joey,
Yes, the doctor said once a year. I did say I would be happy to stay on 6 month checks,(because I am such a "nervous Nancy":) but Uro said one year would be good. After six years of this it seems odd to be on the "once a year" check. I will get used to it, because I was use to the 6 month check.
Your 5 year is near, isn't it?
Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

11 years 8 months ago #42722 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic 5 Year Check!
Nancy, great news. I know you had a follow up in August.

Will you now be going for checkups once a year?

Joey

11 years 8 months ago #42719 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic 5 Year Check!
I never get tired of success!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

11 years 8 months ago #42717 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic 5 Year Check!
Great news - that warrants a celebration!!!
Diane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne