Is this a BCG infection?

11 years 8 months ago #42639 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Is this a BCG infection?
What has his urologist said about all of this?

Yellow is indicative of jaundice. Jaundice is typically indicative of a liver problem. Not necessarily cancer of any kind.

Also, it doesn't sound like a BCG infection but I'm not a doctor and his urologist is a doctor so it is best to ask his urologist (potentially in conjunction with an infectious disease doctor).

Infections happen from other things and it could be coincidence.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #42637 by mrsmo
Is this a BCG infection? was created by mrsmo
Hi All,
I haven't posted here before but read all the time.
My husband has had BC since 2006 he is now 34 years old.

I was wondering if anyone else has had symptoms like this.
My husband only managed 2 of his 3 maintenance BCG this June as he had extreme burning, urgency, yellow discharge and pain in the peritoneum, his skin also looks a bit yellow and he lost his appetite completely losing 10 kilos.
About 4 weeks ago he also developed a painful lump in one of his testicles, our doc ordered an ultrasound and prescribed 3 weeks of cipro. The cipro is now finished and the lump has shrunk slightly and is not painful anymore but the scan results are not in yet. The lady also scanned his kidneys we don't know why this was. His urine came back as negative for infection.
As a background my husband had papilliary and CIS tumours and has been clear for 1 year since starting BCG, with other BCG he also had conjunctivitis and swollen joints.

My husband is very depressed and fearing the worst (spread of the cancer etc). Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks
Claire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne