BCG Treatments

12 years 1 month ago #41155 by corkyd614
Replied by corkyd614 on topic BCG Treatments
Hi All,

Two days after second BCG treatment and not feeling too bad. I did notice this AM some debris in my urine and I am going to assume that this is normal for this stage of the BCG treatment. This is based on the posts that I have read at this site and again I can't stress how grateful I am for the input I have received thus far.

I do feel a little guilty about feeling uncomfortable with not allowing an unsupervised trainee to administer my second treatment. She did not even display competence in telling me she was going to perform the treatment. Well Que Cera it's my junk she was going to deal with.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences.

Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #41101 by corkyd614
One of the main reasons I have for taking the aggressive route with cancer is my family history. I have had a
brother who died from throat cancer and another brother who is a survivor of various forms of cancer. I believe if one is not aggressive then the cancer will be aggressive. Just my thoughts anyway.

An off the wall question that has come to my head is that my sleep pattern is way off kilter. Does that ever go back to normal? Please share your thoughts.

Just received a reminder call for treatment number two (who's counting?) on Friday.

Ray

12 years 2 months ago #41099 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic BCG Treatments
Ray I started with BCG as my initial tumor was rather large 4 CM. There is some support for the treatment due to the size. Not sorry at this time that I went through with the treatments.

Joey

12 years 2 months ago #41098 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic BCG Treatments
Really, I am not an expert on this....sort of been there, done that, and, like all of you, read everything I could get my hands on.

I believe that the deal with BCG is that it is more effective against high grade, or CIS, than against low grade bladder cancer. The problem with all of these is that THEY COME BACK. Many patients with low grade, where BCG was not recommended at the beginning, end up trying it when they tumors return for the third or fourth time.

In my case, I had CIS to start, so there was no question.

Ray, you sound like the right kind of patient. One who finds out everything he can and then makes joint decisions with his doctor. IMHO, that is the only way to go.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

12 years 2 months ago #41095 by corkyd614
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the welcome and the condolences.

Making the decision to go for the BCG treatments was a joint decision between my urologist and myself after a discussion on the odds of re-ocurrence. Not sorry that I'm taking the treatments but just wanted to know what to expect. This forum is already providing me with an enormous amount of information. Information that is real time with live experiences is a whole lot better than a lot of the historical data that is out there. I am grateful for that. Be interesting to hear Sara Anne's comments.

Thanks again for the welcome Mark.

Regards,

Ray

12 years 2 months ago #41091 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic BCG Treatments
Welcome Ray,

I'm glad you found our little club, but real sorry to hear your our newest member.

You said that you had two tumors removed, one superfical and one non-invasive. Now they are doing BCG treatments. This is a GOOD thing, Lets get every last bit out while we can.

Maybe Sara Anne can help me out on this one, but I didn't think it was normal to used BCG on low grade and superficial.

Maybe the Doctor is using an aggresive aproach to better the odds of beating the cancer.

Sorry you had to join, but glad your here.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne