Question for Rosemary

17 years 2 weeks ago #4297 by yosemite05
Replied by yosemite05 on topic Question for Rosemary
Hello,

Actually Rosemary, my husband has had 12 BCG treatments. The first was a series of 6 and the last 2 were a series of 3. They are pretty harsh but are working.

Good luck to you Don on your check up. I pray you hear good news!

Take care everyone!

Yosemite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 weeks ago #4274 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Question for Rosemary
I'm very glad that you feel good about your Doc, Don. This alone may be half of the battle in this fight.

I will be thinking of you on Tuesday. I am wishing you all the luck.

Keep on flying!!

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 2 weeks ago #4267 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Question for Rosemary
I had one round of 6 treatments BCG, they did not work per my first uro. then way Later I had to have God direct me to find the right Doc ,and he did then this Doc did the 1 round of four treatments of the interferon and BCG. It was a miricle from God .He said there was only a30 percent chance it would work. And as of last Nov 27th it did. I will go in Twesday for recheck and what to do from there. I am thankful for the last 3 and half months of freedom, I even got my flying statics back in record time, By the way I am not a profesional pilot. Its a hobby.Thanks From Don

Hanging in there!

17 years 2 weeks ago #4266 by Rosemary
Don,

I had my first round of 6 and then a second set of 3, so I've had 9 altogether. I know that this is confusing.

So, I guess you have had 10? I thought that the normal course was a set of 6 then a break for 3 months and then 3, and then a break for 3 months and then 3. I guess all I'm missing is my last 3.

Here's hoping that the BCG and Interferon is doing it's thing for you, Buddy.

Take care, Buddy,
Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 2 weeks ago #4259 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Question for Rosemary
When you all say 10th, do you mean 10th round or 10th treatment? I have about the same time in as you guys and I have had two rounds of six each, The last being cut two short so only 4 on that one. But I was clear of cancer after that one . The last 4 were interferon and BCG combo. I go in Twesday for my first 3 month checkup, I am praying that this one is clear I will then feel I am really on my way to being cancer free. Don

Hanging in there!

17 years 2 weeks ago #4255 by Rosemary
Hey Yose!

Sorry, I meant to tell you.  The Doctor is discontinuing my BCG's because of the reactive arthritis that I experienced after the 9th instillation.  I can't say that I am sorry, though I do have mixed feelings.

I noticed that your husband is 15 months out from diagnosis.  I am 14 months out.  I assume that we would have to be on the same schedule for BCG's.  So, this will be your husband's 10th?

Take care,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne