5th surgery 1 year later

17 years 2 months ago #3894 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic 5th surgery 1 year later
Star lots of people have gone your route....its an insidious cancer.........have they staged the latest scrapings? You might want to look into Boston Mass and William U. Shipley and their bladder sparing chemo and radiation. I don't know where they are right now with their trials but ido know they're the only ones with success with it. But they won't take above a Stage 11.
Hope you've dug out of the snow by now...and get something for the pain. Do they prescribe peridium for that or not. I know it works magic for cystitis. Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #3891 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic 5th surgery 1 year later
Star,

What an image of you waddling down the street.    :P

It sounds as if you are a bit discouraged.  I know the scrapings and the BCGs  do get tiresome.  

I don't have any answers for you, unfortunately.  But I do hear you, and it sounds like you are near the end of your rope.  Just hang on if you can.

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 2 months ago #3865 by star
5th surgery 1 year later was created by star
Okay lovely people here we go again. got the 6 clumps out 2-12-06 yep weathered a snow storm to get the cath out by walking to Dr.-lol waddle more like it.{small town}
now for the 4th round chemo - interferion{sp} and bcg-any one have this double dose????
recoop for 2 weeks then start it. Yep can feel an infection too always after now.
I guess now if this fails maybe I will have a decopodged bladder paper weight.
I guess then I move onto the next other catagory here also.
The ct showed bladder in okay shape but doc said scraping will take it toll and after so many in a year I agree. The tumors are giving up and going away. The dorment ones
are unknow I guess. What do you think? any one been told it's not working but it also is not in the wall yet??? I changed the diet and lots of h20 etc.... so if this has not helped or maybe some after 1 yr maybe it is time to move forward. thanks all.
star :(

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne