One year after all the surgeries and treatments

12 years 9 months ago #38179 by Patricia
Jodie i have read of cases of this occuring after Mitomycin C and also BCG.
www.actasurologicas.info/v33/n04/ENG/3304NC04.htm
Another former poster here had the same thing and had to have a cystectomy only because her bladder just would not hold anything.
I hope its somehow reversible and you have a good outcome.
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #38177 by jodieann
well last friday I finally got to have a ct scan, showed up that I have a thickening bladder wall, caused through a recent episode of cystitis, am now being booked back in for a cysto to see whats happening inside the bladder, can not have mitomycin c ever again and they aren't even going to try the bcg treatment. They are now talking about removal of the bladder as it has been 10 years fighting this. I am on medication in patch form, although it is helping I really have to push to relieve myself, it feels like my bladder has become constipated.

12 years 10 months ago #37996 by steve j
my 2nd TURBT was done 6 days ago...the burning and sizzling was gone by Thursday...seek a 2nd opinion....GREAT NEWS on the sll clear...hope it never comes back...God Bless...

steve

3CM Superficial T1-G3 Papillary Tumor
Diagnosed 3/9/11
1st TUR 3/21/11
Follow-up TUR Scheduled 5/25/11

12 years 10 months ago #37929 by Patricia
Jodie.....you obviously cannot take Mitomycin C. Do you have a urologist? Serious bladder contracture can happen with this drug
Intravesical Instillation
Bladder fibrosis/contraction reported;100 d may require cystectomy.100 d

Asymptomatic ulcers at the site of resected carcinoma of the bladder109 110 111 and calcification of bladder wall reported.112

Possible local irritation (i.e., cystitis); local toxicity increases with the number and frequency of instillations and with the dose administered.115
Here's one place to consider a second and very quick second opinion...you need help NOW.
www.urologycentre.net.au/
pat

12 years 10 months ago #37906 by jodieann
Hi I am new to this site, I live in Adelaide South Australia, I am 41 years old and female. I was diagnosed wrongly 10 years ago with a bladder infections, turns out it was superficial grade 1 tumor on the lining of the bladder, 4 tumors actually. I have had reoccurances every year. In 2006 I had mitomycin c treatment and was clear until march this year. I had the same tratment on 8th April and have had complications ever since. I have had no sleep in 8 weeks, on the 3 rd day after surgery I went to the toilet 180 times in 12 hours and only peeing 10- 15 mls at a time, returned to the emergency department, prescribed medication and sent home. two weeks later I returned and they still haven't looked at my bladder. things are not improving. I was not told there could be severe complications only that I may have a little burning pain and frequency but this should clear in a few days. I am now taking legal action against the hospital for their lack of duty to help me as still today no one has looked at my bladder.

12 years 10 months ago #37840 by Herb
Had the treatments BCG and Chemo --- I agree with the others get another doctor if you can --- the pain should be dealt with --- sorry Doc whoever you may be --- the old Padre Herb†

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne