To All on the Board...THANK YOU!

12 years 11 months ago #37684 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic To All on the Board...THANK YOU!
:laugh: :laugh: Welcome Steve

Ain't it grand having this group to bounce things off of? Even though some of us are years out, we still come to this site to try and help. I remember how lost I felt then, and how welcomed I was here. This site is just the place for support and information about a cancer that hasn't really hit the radar screen yet. The people here are the BEST!

Everyone who contributes to this site must now stand up; and

Take a Bow!

To thundering applause!

in our own mind ..... of course :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #37653 by michstate89
Replied by michstate89 on topic To All on the Board...THANK YOU!
Steve,

Welcome. I am sure you have learned that there are many knowledgable people on this forum. It has been quite a while since I have posted - I got good news in March that I didn't have to return for cysto or BCG until December. I am almost on a 12 month maintenance regimen now and 4 1/2 years clear of cancer. It hasn't always been pleasant, but I am happy where I am now. I hope the news you get as time passes is just as good.

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07
BCG Maintenance after 6 week treatment

12 years 11 months ago #37433 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic To All on the Board...THANK YOU!
Steve,

Do let us know how you are doing. We all care. I see the follow up TURB 5/25. I remember wanting to get on with things and am assuming BCG will be the protocol for you, also. As I look back, it is now just a blur although I am still vigilant watching and having checkups. In a few months you'll just go on with you life!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

12 years 11 months ago #37430 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic To All on the Board...THANK YOU!
Glad you found us. Hope we can help. If you have any questions that you feel are too personal for the board send someone a private message. However, you will pretty much find that we're an anything goes kind of board because we want the people who don't post to see answers to questions as well.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 11 months ago #37427 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic To All on the Board...THANK YOU!
I feel the same way about hanging out here. I had never really heard about bladder cancer and certainly didn't know anyone who had ever had it. Glad it brings you the same kind of comfort.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 11 months ago #37422 by steve j
To All on the Board...THANK YOU! was created by steve j
Thank you all so much. Your input and information has taken me from being a lonely cancer castaway to someone who feels not so alone anymore. Although I wish none of us were in this boat I feel a sense of camaraderie.

I have followed many of your links and am still digging deep for more and more knowledge of my disease. I will continue to update and ask questions as I move ahead in this battle.

Again, Thank you all and God Bless.

steve

3CM Superficial T1-G3 Papillary Tumor
Diagnosed 3/9/11
1st TUR 3/21/11
Follow-up TUR Scheduled 5/25/11

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne