3-month cysto was clear--why am I Debbie Downer?

13 years 1 month ago #36770 by GKLINE
Kimberly

This damn cancer thing is a constant roller coaster. Celebrate! the good times. Tolerate the bad. Never lose site of the fact that Life is our goal. Yes, there will be bumps on the road. Keep your eyes on the prize.... LIFE

Please find positive friends to help you relish your successes. Any reason to keep a positive attitude.

Love the Good news!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #36758 by Kimberly
Thanks, everyone! I'm so lucky to have an understanding husband, so I could express both elation and fear, and not just have to pretend about the myriad of emotions.

It is good news, and even better, I can enjoy the entire month of March until BCG time in April.

Mark, let us know how your cysto goes.

Big hug to everyone ... thanks for the reassurance. :cheer:

13 years 1 month ago #36757 by Nix
congratulation on your All Clear Cysto! To answer your question "has anyone else experienced this?" The answer is absolutely!! As others have said "been there". When I was "new" to bladder cancer, I think I was hoping the doctors would say "you are cured, no need to worry". Well, with BC it just doesn't work like that. We have to stay vigilant - and just follow the course. I was dx'd in 2006 with Ta, 10/07 with CIS - did the BCG for 24 washes and the three month cystos, and now on 6 month cystos and done with BCG.
So happy you found this site and can voice your feelings (like we have all done) and read about the success stories still in progress.
Your mind will come to terms with the whole picture and you will continue on the journey ahead.
Be sure to celebrate every "clean" cysto :laugh:

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

13 years 1 month ago #36753 by Markq
I'm glad you got the all clear. I'm going in for my 1st 3 month cysto after my 6 BCG's in 6 hours. I've been thinking about it some, but it really hasn't consumed my every thought like I thought it would. I figure it's either going to come back or it isn't. I've done all I can to favor a positive outcome and the rest is out of my hands. I'll deal with any bad news IF it comes. No point in worring excessively about something that may never happen. I admit that's easier said than done at times though.

47 yo, Ta G3
Diagnosed 11-24-10
BCG induction starting 12/17/10 followed by BCG maintance.

13 years 1 month ago #36742 by Herb
Hang in there Kimberly, yes, I likewise --- been there done that! My journey with BCG's and Chemo, 3 resections plus 30 radiation treatments for my ear --- I felt like a mouse in a Skinner Maze! Celebrate being clear for 3 months --- your human and negative stuff always tries to defeat us --- BUT IT WILL NOT --- fellow pilgrim.

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.

13 years 1 month ago #36738 by dukel
Kimberly; Glad to hear of your good report. Celebrate! The worrying of the "WHAT IF" is just part of the beast we call cancer. You can't wait for certainty, you have to celebrate when you can. None of us know what tomorrow will bring. I learned early
on that you have to chase the negative thoughts from your mind, other wise they will paralyze you. In a poem i muse about "you must chase them from your mind with pleasure or fantasy". In other words we can walk around all day, or even worse, think about it all night, worrying. I play mind games when i must to busy my mind. From laying out a map of the world in my head to remembering fun days i had as a child. Whatever it takes.
Wishing you the best.
Duke

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne