3 years later... it seems to be back, but?

13 years 2 months ago #36420 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic 3 years later... it seems to be back, but?
I would go for a second opinion before having the tumour removed without the possibility of a biopsy. And a second opinion as to whether any further treatment would be advisable. I would feel much more confident if there was a pathology report,rather than just presuming that this was a Ta by visual examination.
Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #36386 by gabriel21
Replied by gabriel21 on topic 3 years later... it seems to be back, but?
My parents visited the doctor (he is the same uro who did the TURB 3 years ago) and they asked him all of the above.

The doctor says that what he's detected is too small to be able to extract a biopsy from. It looks to him like a very little Ta and all he can do is fulgurate it.

He also said no BCG or any other treatment will be needed.

My father is now off 6-month checkups and must start doing them every 3 months. He has a blood and urine analysis every year.

That's all.

What do you think?

My father is a male, 65, nonsmoker. Hematuria 01/08 TURB: T1 G3 widespread bladder+prostatic urethra; 3-month BCG.
Clean until 02/11: small TURB with no biopsy; 06/11 tumour detected TURB 08/11: awaiting biopsy, prostatic adenoma removed. Biopsies show both were benign. (...)

13 years 2 months ago #36359 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic 3 years later... it seems to be back, but?
Well maybe he's a seer? I noticed his initial diagnosis was T1G3....you really don't want that one coming back which is why i do not understand why he would not do another TURB to determine if it is in the muscle or has progressed in any way?
This is a good paper to read
www.medicinenet.com/urinalysis/page5.htm
pat

13 years 2 months ago #36356 by gabriel21
Replied by gabriel21 on topic 3 years later... it seems to be back, but?
Thanks a lot for your advice. We will ask about:

1. margins?
2. pathology test?
3. fulguration or TURB?
4. BCG or what after?

And looking at the urine tests, protein, PH, leucocytes, etc. are all fine; except the reed blood cells mentioned before (see attached too) and lymphocytes which are 1.48 (10^3/uL) when the normal range is (0.15-1.2).

My father, who saw the tumour, says at first it was difficult to see... when the doctor pointed it out, he realised and it looked like a single arm. Why is it Pat that this doesn't make much of a difference? Is it because what matters is how deep it has penetrated the wall? How can the doctor be so sure to fulgurate? I find this mind boggling.

My father is a male, 65, nonsmoker. Hematuria 01/08 TURB: T1 G3 widespread bladder+prostatic urethra; 3-month BCG.
Clean until 02/11: small TURB with no biopsy; 06/11 tumour detected TURB 08/11: awaiting biopsy, prostatic adenoma removed. Biopsies show both were benign. (...)
Attachments:

13 years 2 months ago #36347 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic 3 years later... it seems to be back, but?
white blood cells.......
The detection of leukocytes in urinalysis is indicative of an infection. Thats all.
pat

13 years 2 months ago #36345 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic 3 years later... it seems to be back, but?
Pat... what is the significance of leukocytes in urine? I haven't found an explanation that is clear to me. Thanks...

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne