After 10 years it\'s CIS

13 years 3 months ago #35750 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic After 10 years it\'s CIS
Warren, You have been so helpful to me as well as others on this forum. Hopefully we can be as helpful and supportive to you! I am so sorry CIS returned. I will keep a positive attitude that the BCG will be very successful for you.
Congratulations on your grandchildren, and how lucky they are to have Grandpa as their private doctor:)
Good luck with the BCG, if you have any questions I am sure we can help.

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #35749 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic After 10 years it\'s CIS
Warren I'm farely new on this forum. So good luck, keep positive, and get checked regularly please!!!!! Did you ever watch NCIS were Gibbs smacks Dinozzo in the back of the head?? That's what you need to do to your doc!! LOL !!!!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

13 years 3 months ago #35748 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic After 10 years it\'s CIS
Warren, been thinking just the other day that we haven't heard a word from you recently. Wish you had come back with some other news than CIS....Hoping it all goes well for you,.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

13 years 3 months ago #35745 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic After 10 years it\'s CIS
Oh Warren..so sorry to hear that but glad you caught it. Sneaky stupid cancer. Well we're here for you and hope all goes well with the BCG.
Congrats on the beautiful Quads...a real handful...probably all in one hand huh? As a super Pediatrician i'm sure you're keeping a watchful eye on them.
My very best to you for BCG or as Jack puts it Bladder Cancer Gone.
pat

13 years 3 months ago #35743 by wsilberstein
After 10 years it\'s CIS was created by wsilberstein
I haven't visited the forum in a long time. Life has been busy. My daughter just had quadruplets. I've had 2 surgeries on my urethral stricture since last October and now catheterize myself to keep the stricture open. And fortunately, the stricture is open, because...
I found a lump on my right testicle which felt just like the Leydig cell tumor I had in the left testicle 11 years ago. As long as I was going to have surgery, I asked my urologits to do my cystoscopy since it's been 10 years since I had the TaG3 + CIS. Anyway, the lump turned out to be an inflammatory nodule on the epididymis, but the bladder biopsies showed 1 focus of CIS. At the end of the month I'll be starting BCG treatments. My initial cancer was treated with Mitomycin C instead of BCG, so this will be my first experience with BCG.
Now, as a veteran of cancer, my new experience with BCG might help me consult with you guys about your BCG concerns.
BTW, my urologist was thinking that after 10 years without a recurrence maybe I didn't need a cystoscopy. What more proof would anyone need that once you have bladder cancer you need follow up for a lifetime.
Warren

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne