After 10 years it\'s CIS

13 years 2 months ago #35813 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic After 10 years it\'s CIS
Warren sorry to hear that cancer has reared its ugly head again.
BCG hopefully will keep the CIS away.
All the best,
BCG = Bladder Cancer Gone
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #35771 by tonycapp
Replied by tonycapp on topic After 10 years it\'s CIS
I have had two courses of BCG (6 treatments once a week per course). The effects of the BCG treatments were blood in urine the day of and a few days after, and painful urination for a few days. I took the day of treatment off from work and returned to work the following day. I also had bladder spasms which seem to subside after a few days. I took Detrol LA to help with the spasms. I have also had three biopsies. The last two indicated that my CIS was resistant to the BCG. There was also an indication of CIS progression. I'm scheduled for surgery in February for a neobladder.

BCG has a high success rate (60 - 70%). It just turned out that I'm in the 30-40% category. Wih you luck with your treatments!

Tony

13 years 2 months ago #35766 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic After 10 years it\'s CIS
Warren,

Geesh, sorry to have you back under the circumstances! I am sure you'll put this behind you also!

I always value your insights so please post away. I had asked Pat what you were up to knowing a pediatrician has to be busy! She said quad grandkids! Congrats.

Alan

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

13 years 2 months ago #35763 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic After 10 years it\'s CIS
Geez Warren! Nice to hear from you but sorry about the news.

Certainly am glad that you got that check (in spite of the uro's thoughts). Vigilance forever is the motto with bladder cancer (IMHO).

Hope the BCG goes well!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 2 months ago #35759 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic After 10 years it\'s CIS
Warren

Man, I am sorry you had to start again with bc. I AM glad for your grandchildren (WOW! raising them is a FULL time job....It is probably nice they are GRANDchildren.... so you can hand them back when they get antsy)

I wish you the best and I am pleased by the positive tone of your post. You probably know better than any of us what is ahead for you and we all take comfort in your "I will get through this" attitude.

Keep your chin up and keep us in the loop

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 2 months ago #35751 by Markq
Replied by Markq on topic After 10 years it\'s CIS
Sorry to hear about the reocurrence. After having 10 years of all clears it must be a little disappointing to find a new cancer. Thankfully, you are staying on top if it and they caught it early. I'm going for BCG #5 this week and so far the side effects haven't been bad. I hope you have the same experience.

47 yo, Ta G3
Diagnosed 11-24-10
BCG induction starting 12/17/10 followed by BCG maintance.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne