side effects of BCG treatments

13 years 2 months ago #35941 by suzi
Replied by suzi on topic side effects of BCG treatments
what are you talking about ? 52 a magic no, let us see how many female here are 52 years old , I am another one who had 13 courses of BCG on 2007 , it was awful experience . I remember sometimes I can't hold it, I didn't go nowhere , just stayed at home to be close to the bathroom .even last two or three I couldn't hold BCG more than 30 minutes or less.
and I am going again in the same journey I will start my another courses of BCG on Feb 8 ,I hope it will be less or at least not worse than what I had been through before.
Be strong my friend and hang on soon it will be something from the past and you will tell the others about your experience .

Be strong and don't give up.
a warrior

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #35936 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic side effects of BCG treatments
I must be the lucky one, I had no side effects during or after my BCG.

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

13 years 2 months ago #35932 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic side effects of BCG treatments
Hi,

Actually I don't feel anything wrong with my bladder once the BCG effects pass (which are still here today, 24 hours later, which is not normal for me)... it is very easy for me to forget I have had three recurrences of bladder cancer completely, until the next time I have to pee in a cup, get invaded by a scope, or entertain toxic substances internally!! And for this, I am grateful, that I can focus on doing things to prevent cancer like avoiding some things, eating other things, and keeping a very positive attitude.

I will very kindly say that perhaps your thoughts about cancer in general could be causing you to feel weird sensations in your bladder between treatments. I went through that weirded-out phase after the original large tumor was removed from my bladder. I wondered how something could grow in me for so long, and I never knew it.... I thought too much about cancer being so silent, was it growing again, was it changing into something more deadly, etc... there's no way to tell someone how to chase those thoughts away, I'm afraid. But if you can, then you just go from day to day trusting in God and your doctor to keep the monster at bay.

Be strong, remain fearless!
Lauren

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

13 years 2 months ago #35931 by lhpdogs
Hi,

Actually I don't feel anything wrong with my bladder once the BCG effects pass (which are still here today, 24 hours later, which is not normal for me)... it is very easy for me to forget I have had three recurrences of bladder cancer completely, until the next time I have to pee in a cup, get invaded by a scope, or entertain toxic substances internally!! And for this, I am grateful, that I can focus on doing things to prevent cancer like avoiding some things, eating other things, and keeping a very positive attitude.

I will very kindly say that perhaps your thoughts about cancer in general could be causing you to feel weird sensations in your bladder between treatments. I went through that weirded-out phase after the original large tumor was removed from my bladder. I wondered how something could grow in me for so long, and I never knew it.... I thought too much about cancer being so silent, was it growing again, was it changing into something more deadly, etc... there's no way to tell someone how to chase those thoughts away, I'm afraid. But if you can, then you just go from day to day trusting in God and your doctor to keep the monster at bay.

Be strong, remain fearless!
Lauren

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

13 years 2 months ago #35896 by bluepoydras
Replied by bluepoydras on topic side effects of BCG treatments
hi,
52 must be the magic number, I guess ;-). Since you have been taking BCG longer than I, I must ask: do you ever feel a generalized, mild discomfort in the bladder area long after the treatments are over? It's not debilitating - and I don't notice it if I'm busy or occupied.

Any way, I agree that there is no good reason to go to work on BCG days. I recline on the sofa, watch a lot of tv, eat, drink lots of water and indulge myself.

Going for the next check up in a couple of weeks.

13 years 2 months ago #35894 by lhpdogs
Good God, how many 52 year old women have bladder cancer?? :laugh: I'm another one, completing my 14th BCG tomorrow. I think it's passing the blood clots and the spasms after voiding that hurts the most, and I am just now starting to notice fatigue. But since it seems to feel like your bladder want to fall right out of your pelvic floor, I find it best to lie down and NOT work on the day of my treatments! Spoil yourself. You are doing the best known preventive measure for bladder cancer, so lie down, drink water, green tea, rent some good movies, cover up with your favorite afghan, and in between bouts of peeing/screaming in the loo, take care of yourself!

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne