Just received Pathology results...

13 years 3 months ago #35223 by jj803
Replied by jj803 on topic Just received Pathology results...
Agree this is at least T1. I also think Mike is on target with regard to the way that muscle invasion was worded. To me this implies that there may be some doubt and 2nd opinion is definitely a good idea. I also think b must refer to a different biopsy.

jj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #35219 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Just received Pathology results...
Well i would call back and ask to speak with his nurse or his personal assistant if he has one. The scheduler does just that..schedules and has no idea of urgency. There are a couple of numbers on his bio sheet and also an email address.
Just be persistant. I know he is very busy but i also know he has lost several patients because of scheduling being so far out. People will go to Vanderbilt which is also excellent.
pat

13 years 3 months ago #35213 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Just received Pathology results...
Yes, it would be good to call back and say that she has been diagnosed with at least T1 High Grade. The path report said Negative for definitive invasion into musculaire, which doesn't really rule out muscle invasion (at least the way I read it). I 2nd TURBT from Dr. Pruthi is certainly in order, in addition to the review of the slides.

Somewhere on the pathology report, it should define what A and B are. Something like the size and location of where each sample was taken from. It could be that B was a second pass scraping that went deeper and that it was all clear which may be ruling out muscle invasion but that is why you want a 2nd opinion on that.

Many docs, once they know a bladder cancer diagnosis has already been made, especially if high grade, can get things moved around in order to see a new patient sooner. Worth a shot.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 3 months ago #35212 by infoseeker
Replied by infoseeker on topic Just received Pathology results...
It is Dr. Pruthi- that is the soonest that they were able to get her in there. Should she call back?

13 years 3 months ago #35210 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Just received Pathology results...
I hope you're referring to Dr. Pruthi in Chapel Hill. Why the wait? With a possible T1 High Grade you want that pathology confirmed as quickly as possible. Can you push for a second opinion on the slides a bit faster? They're going to want to see them anyway.
not sure about the B.? could have been a second scraping of a non malignant whatever? They all have thier idiosyncracies in pathology.
pat

13 years 3 months ago #35208 by infoseeker
Just received Pathology results... was created by infoseeker
Hello everyone,

My mom was recently diagnosed with BC. We have received the pathology, but have not yet spoke with her urologist (and if things continue how they have been, he won't call anytime soon with results- but that's another story).

The results state:
a)High grade papillary urotheial with invasion into the lamina propria. Negative for definitive invasion into musculaire. Negative lymphovascular space invasion.
b) Negative Malignancy

Now, in my research I have been doing tonight, I have come up with this being:
T1, High Grade BC. Is this right? Also for the b) portion of the pathology, I assume the negative malignancy is for a different biopsy than the a) results. Would you agree?

We are scared, and at a loss after this recent diagnosis, but I am remaining positive! I know that this is not the "best" end of the diagnostic spectrum, but it is certainly not the worst. We have already discussed a RC, and the benefits of that versus BCG for long term survival.

I have found a doctor for a second opinion in Chapel Hill (I believe I found it on here or another support website, recommending this physician), and she is schedule for January to see him.

Please give advice/opinions

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne