Breakfast or not on morning of BCG

13 years 5 months ago #35013 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Breakfast or not on morning of BCG
Depends on whether you're going to drink before 5 A.M....the 4 hr. do not drink anything is still what they advise.
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #35010 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Breakfast or not on morning of BCG
Kimberly, you are going to find, once you do this, that is is not as big a deal as advertised. About 10-15 minutes in the office (not counting the time reading old magazines...mostly Field and Stream in a urologist's waiting room) and not as uncomfortable as cystoscopy. Then waiting two hours (or as long as you can, as my nurse told me) to pee. Then about 4-5 more hours of discomfort and peeing a lot.

Eat a nice breakfast. Unfortunately, not a lot of coffee (see the discussion of peeing, above). It is NOT a DO NOT EAT OR DRINK like before a surgical procedure...more like a dental appointment where you are not going to feel like eating for several hours after. I couldn't make it without my morning coffee, but...only one small cup!!

Good luck...you can do this!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

13 years 5 months ago #35008 by Kimberly
Breakfast or not on morning of BCG was created by Kimberly
If my appointment is at 9:00 a.m., should I eat breakfast? I know to not drink anything within four hours of the appointment. Is it more comfortable to go through this on an empty stomach, or will that help settle things (you know, like nerves ...)?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne