Renal colic ?

13 years 4 months ago #34828 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Renal colic ?
Diane..forgive me but i can't remember what all you've had done. There's no way i can go back and see your original posts..at least not easily.
Renal colic is almost always caused by kidney stones or a UTI...if its stones which they didn't see..sometimes they do a 24 hr. urine collection to see if any have broken up and the composition of them.
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #34815 by Flamenco.
Renal colic ? was created by Flamenco.
Had a bit of a scare last Friday evening - I had been sitting watching tv, feeling fine, went to rise from the sofa and suffered severe pain in upper abdomen, lefthand side. Had no idea what was causing it, but eventually had to go to ER, where they gave me a couple of injections which eventually lowered the pain level. They carried out a urine test(with a strip) which showed positive for blood and leucocytes, and the doctor diagnosed renal colic, with possible infection and prescribed antibiotics. As soon as he mentioned blood in the urine, I felt very nervous. I have had no fever, or other symptoms of an infection, just the sudden and severe pain.Managed to get an appt with my uro for Wed this week, where an ecograph showed nothing abnormal with either kidney and urine no longer showing blood - good news that put my mind at rest more or less, but am still a bit puzzled as to what happened, and if it was a stone, what to do to prevent it recurring.
Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne