Do I Feel Lucky??

13 years 5 months ago #34872 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Do I Feel Lucky??
Jim,

Please do. There are LOTS of here with neobladders who would be happy to answer any questions.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #34854 by BoilermakerJim
Replied by BoilermakerJim on topic Do I Feel Lucky??
Mike - Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, December 15th. I know you got the neo so I hope to be able to ask you some things when they come up as I research more.

Pat - That's great to hear. I'm really nervous about this whole thing but it helps to know I will be in very capable hands. I'll post more as things progress. Support and knowledge from those that have been there is really going to help ease my anxiety.

13 years 5 months ago #34846 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Do I Feel Lucky??
Jim...great place..great surgeon.
keep us updated
pat

13 years 5 months ago #34841 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Do I Feel Lucky??
Jim,

Ask away!
First off, congratulations on your choice of hospital and surgeon! You are certainly doing the right thing there!

When is your surgery scheduled?

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 5 months ago #34836 by BoilermakerJim
Replied by BoilermakerJim on topic Do I Feel Lucky??
Hi again,

I wanted to provide an update and also thank everyone who has been so helpful so far. I say so far because I think I'm going to need your continued help and support.

After much soul searching and many discussions with family, friends and the professionals, I have decided to have the RC. Many factors led to this decision. Statistical odds, BCG hell the last few weeks, and the desire to get off the merry-go-round were just a few.

I've opted for the neo-bladder and my surgery is scheduled for December 15th. It will be done at the IU Med Center in Indianapolis by Dr. Robert Bihrle. I wish I was going in for it tomorrow...just want to get it over with now that a decision has been made.

I hope you veterans won't mind if I post questions as arise. Then, after it's over, maybe I can help the next person that comes along in the same boat.

Anyway, thank you all again for the help and support. You'll see me around these next few weeks as B-Day (bladder day) approaches.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #34322 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Do I Feel Lucky??
Jim,

Keep this board posted as someone will have an answer for whatever question arises. BCG is a distant memory for me but, you will get through it. One word of advice. Many have experienced increased side affects. You can always go to 1/3 1/4 1/10 dosage and still have good responses.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne