And again?

13 years 5 months ago #34251 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic And again?
Wonderful news, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I had that happen once, and even though the uro "thought"
it was irritation from BCG I spent a nervous couple of days!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #34249 by cljjlk
Replied by cljjlk on topic And again?
I don’t want to take up time or space from those that need advice and comfort. However, I had my TURB yesterday and my Uro. said he couldn’t find anything. All he saw were scares from the previous surgeries. As he suspected it was cystitis from the BCG. To say the least, I’m elated.

Chuck :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10

13 years 6 months ago #34028 by cljjlk
Replied by cljjlk on topic And again?
Thanks Pat. I'm really trying to be optimistic and hope that the TURBT comes back inconclusive as the last one or even perhaps cystitis. If the BCG is indeed not working, my research points to a very limited (if any) alternative to cystecomy. :( Again thanks for your assistance.
Chuck

dx - Aug 2005

13 years 6 months ago #34027 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic And again?
Its good that Hopkins is looking at the slides but it appears that BCG is not working for you. High grade Ta is a puzzler and you really need to watch it before it gets a mind of its own. I might ask for a second opinion from Hopkins?
goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-7940907/Treating-BCG-resistant-superficial-bladder.html
This was from uro today.
pat

13 years 6 months ago #34025 by cljjlk
And again? was created by cljjlk
Yesterday I was back for my 3 month cystoscopy and my Urologist found another suspicious area. He showed me on the monitor and from my perspective, there appeared no definitive structure. Rather a reddened area. He stated it was small (less than 1cm), but it looked larger but I know that was the magnification. We are trying to schedule the TURBT for Oct. 4th.

Brief background: Aug. 2009 TURBT Ta High Grade; Sept – Oct 2009 6 weeks of BCG; Dec. 2009 TURBT another Ta High Grade; Jan. 2010 3 weeks BCG; Mar 2010 TURBT small area biopsied that came back inconclusive; May 2010 3 weeks BCG; June Cystoscopy & Cytology (clean); Aug. 2010 3 weeks BCG; & now the Sept 2010 cystoscopy. The current Cytology was negative. The previous two tumors and the current suspicious area have all been in the dome area. The inconclusive area in March was in a different area. All biopsies after being examined locally have been sent to John Hopkins for confirmation. I started this adventure back in 2005 and this will be my sixth TURBT.

If you were walking in my shoes, what questions would you be asking? If the TURBT next month comes back again High Grade would you be preparing yourself for a Cystectomy? Is there something else we could do before doing the Cystectomy?

As always, I appreciate your candid advice and all the support. Thank you.
:unsure:
Chuck

dx - Aug 2005

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne