My Husband; One year after; 5 surgeries later

13 years 6 months ago #33967 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic My Husband; One year after; 5 surgeries later
Has any of this been done under anesthesia for the scrapings? in a hospital as it should be? And yes it sounds like a traumatic cath and he probably has a urinary tract infection if he's burning. You need a path report!
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #33966 by georgiewelch
Replied by georgiewelch on topic My Husband; One year after; 5 surgeries later
He has NOT had a second opinion. The original was the bladder will likely come out. But he has avoided that with the surgeries (scapeings). He's had BCG (2 X 6) and 6 of Valstar; now he's on 2nd Mytomicin. The one before didn't hurt. It's at the end of his urethra that burns so much he almost screams. I've read all I could; believe the dr is doing the right protocol, but this pain is not something I've ever heard of before. It happend on the first time when he was diagnoised with a cystoscope that the nurse put in too fast and hard; hurt for weeks after. I'm actually proud of him for continuing with the procedure after all this. Can this be right? He's given vicodin, but from whathe says, it sounds like when a woman has a urinary infection. That's all I can relate it to.

13 years 6 months ago #33965 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic My Husband; One year after; 5 surgeries later
Well...the Mytomcin C does not stick around for 10 days. And prior to TURB if thats what he had??? or was this in the office.......OUCH...the bladder should be completely empty and no liquids taken 2 hours prior to instillation. Has there ever been a pathology report on any of these scrapings?
Where are you located? Maybe a second opinion at this point?
pat

13 years 6 months ago #33964 by georgiewelch
My Husband; One year after; 5 surgeries later was created by georgiewelch
B) My husband, Hal, Has just gone through his 5th surgery where the bladder was scraped; and after being the worst case his doc has had in 15 years (his words), finally only finding one tumor. Mitamiasin was introduced for the 2nd time in a row. Last time was not a problem (only 3 tumors removed then); Total times up his urethra about 25+ of which only 3 have been with excruciating pain with urination afterwards. My questions: Why most of the time it's ok, but sometimes really bad. Hal thinks that the doc doesn't do a proper "prep" before;, but the doc says it's the "meds" coming out afterwards. But 10 days afterwards? What's your opinion?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne