White blood cells w/no infection and BCG

13 years 7 months ago #33562 by basscarp
Replied by basscarp on topic White blood cells w/no infection and BCG
Don't know the grade rating just know that it is considered non invasive because it did not penetrate through the bladder musle, (wall). I just finished my 2nd set of 6 BCG treatments this past Tuesday. I am urinating every 10 minutes about 1/2 oz. Burning has ceased. Started taking Detrol just today due to spasms and frequent urination. If I had not used a Condom Cath. last night I would not have gotten any sleep. I was urinating every couple of minutes "all night". I will be glad to share any and all information I have learned about my treatment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #33561 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic White blood cells w/no infection and BCG
On the Main page to the right by the Hope Help and Support boxes you will find your menu and there is a button there you can send onsite emails or you may click under the user icon next to the posting of the person you wish to email We do not allow personal information to be posted to the public parts of the site due to personal security concerns and ask that you have caution as well.

Also be aware that the personal messenger or onsite email is provided to allow you to form online relationships and offer support. If it is used to ask questions better suited to the forum all that come after us will lose out on the knowledge.

Did your pathology report say what stage and grade you are?

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

13 years 7 months ago #33559 by basscarp
Replied by basscarp on topic White blood cells w/no infection and BCG
Papillary transitional cell carcinoma and transitional cell carcinoma in-situ. Are we allowed to give our email out on this site/

13 years 7 months ago #33553 by fitz
Replied by fitz on topic White blood cells w/no infection and BCG
Good luck basscarp! What was your origianl dx?

Fitz

13 years 7 months ago #33546 by abeach
Replied by abeach on topic White blood cells w/no infection and BCG
I don't know if I would put too much concern with the test. I went for my quarterly check up yesterday. My bladder according to the doctor was "beautiful". There had been an ulcer after my last Turb in October of 2009 that did not want to go away. Last year the low grade cells showed up after 6 years of being clear. But through all my check-ups white cells would show up now and then so we would have to delay the BCG which always gave my body a little rest from the treatments. I am probably one of the few that hope for some white cells. I haven't counted faithfully but I have had 30+ treatments. And yesterday was no different. White cells showed up so I will go back for another check in 2 weeks so we can start treatments again. Usually, after they grow the culture nothing shows up so no antibiotic is prescribed. So be positive and hopefully it will just go away so treatments can begin. This website has answered so many questions for me so keep in touch.

13 years 7 months ago #33516 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic White blood cells w/no infection and BCG
He has not received any BCG..and white cells are generally a sign of something going on
Urine is a generally thought of as a sterile body fluid, therefore, evidence of white blood cells or bacteria in the urine is considered abnormal and may suggest a urinary tract infection such as, bladder infection (cystitis), infection of kidney (pyelonephritis). White blood cells may be detected in the urine through a microscopic examination (pyuria or leukocytes in the blood). They can be seen under high power field and the number of cells are recorded (quantitative).

White cells from the vagina or the opening of the urethra (in males, too) can contaminate a urine sample. Such contamination aside, the presence of abnormal numbers of white blood cells in the urine is significant
So what further tests is the uro doing? And what was the count of white blood cells found?
pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne