Another all clear

13 years 7 months ago #33229 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Another all clear
Alan,
Great news! you are right about getting to the doctor asap.
I had gross hematuria and knowing my brother was dx'd with BC two years earlier, I went straight to ER - (it was a Sat) - Uro on Monday TURB Tues. - 34 months ago. When the ER doctor asked how long I had noticed blood, I said "what time is it? - One hour ago".
So far so good for me BCG has helped so far, since I can't take any more. I am hoping it took care of the CIS which came 9 months later.
Getting to the doctor earlier is ALWAYS the road to take ;)
Enjoy your good health!
I go next Friday :woohoo:
Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #33226 by Alan
Another all clear was created by Alan
Just had a 27 month cysto (URO changed me to 6 month checks last visit). As always I have to wait for cytolgy. Learned my diagnosis in my brain was wrong. It was TOG3 which he said was extremely rare in high grade and better than T1G3. Lesson for all of us and any visitors not to wait per any sign. I was in my GP the afternoon on my first 27 months ago with gross hematuria and saw URO a week later when infection was ruled out by the GP. Anyway, another thread to post hope for all!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne