Original Bladder Has Shrunk

13 years 9 months ago #32785 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Original Bladder Has Shrunk
OH LORD..whats he going to do to stretch it? Well if he knows how to do it let all the other uro's know. Here's a guy whose uro said he could fix his plumbing...i shouldn't laugh..but
www.suddenlysenior.com/headtogetherbodyapart.html
Really i think the only option is cystectomy...thats essentially what they're doing with augmentation..using part of the ileum but with more risks........????
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #32778 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic Original Bladder Has Shrunk
www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/A-Ce/Bladder-Augmentation.html

Jack,
Don't know if this will help, but there seems to be a few articles on bladder augmentation. Maybe that is the same or at least a term that may help.

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

13 years 9 months ago #32776 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Original Bladder Has Shrunk
Hi Jack,
I haven't heard of stretching a bladder, because of BCG shrinking the bladder, however I have heard of bladder removal because BCG had done so much damage, and the patient was having to get up during the night 10 times:(
The bladder was cancer free, but still had to remove bladder. This does happen.
I hope this doesn't happen to your friend.

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

13 years 9 months ago #32773 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Original Bladder Has Shrunk
Jack,

I have heard that BCG treatment can shrink th bladder but, not heard about re-sizing it. Perhaps it can be done. Maybe something similar to stretching a neo-bladder over time? I still have my original so that is about all I can help with!

Alan

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

13 years 9 months ago #32772 by Moonerj
Original Bladder Has Shrunk was created by Moonerj
Dear Friends

I am trying to assist a fellow bladder cancer patient.
I have arranged a 2nd opinion for him on July 19th with one of the top bladder cancer Urologist/Oncologist in Canada.
His History
Diagnosed in 2008 with TA High Grade. Began weekly BCG early 2009, and completed 8 maintenance treatments but had to stop due to inflamed bladder which has shrunk by 90%. He has never had a recurrence, but suffered from day 1 of the BCG maintenance treatments. The BCG was never reduced due to side effects.
The bladder shrinkage showed up in his CT scan a few weeks ago.
My Question
His current Uro who needs a good kick in the ass, has said that he can stretch his bladder back to it's orginal size. Has anyone heard of this procedure with an original bladder? I can not find anything on this procedure.
My friend needs something done, as he has to urinate every hour or so because his bladder will not hold much. He is not in any pain or have severe urgency.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne