Biopsy results

13 years 9 months ago #32508 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Biopsy results
An overall healthier diet shouldn't hurt as long as the BCG is still done. You don't cure cancer with diet once you have it. Could be that it can be prevented in the first place, but once you have bladder cancer, traditional treatment.

Glad to hear your husband is going ahead with the BCG treatment!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #32500 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Biopsy results
Guess it depends on who you read.
webpages.charter.net/jdrzeczycki/Healthsite/flax1.html
Personally growing up in a pharmaceutical family and having a degree myself i kind of avoid everything if possible. I know too much. I won't even take an aspirin.
I get my Omega 3's from walnuts..a handful every day..keeps my cholesterol down along with an avacado or two a week.....
Pat :silly:

13 years 9 months ago #32496 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic Biopsy results
I was doing the flaxseed oil and cottage cheese until I read the new articles coming out that say flaxseed oil causes free radicals. I asked about this at the University when I went in for my second opinion and she said it was new information just coming out. I'm not sure about using the seed, but the oil version is what they are saying is bad. Could just the oil version do this?

Vi

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

13 years 9 months ago #32462 by kcnorthstar
Replied by kcnorthstar on topic Biopsy results
In all due respect, Cottage cheese will not cure cancer, no matter how much of it you eat. If it were me I would throw all the books you have on curring cancer with a diet in the garbage.
If you would like to see the results of someone who chose a "diet cure" over traditional medicine go to www.stopdoingcancer.com
It is the log of a man who had the same stage and grade bladder cancer as your husband. He refused to have his tumors removed afer they recurred and instead followed the advice found in a book about curring cancer with a diet. The results were not good to say the least. If you follow the advice of traditional medicine you have a real good chance for a good outcome,and if you want to combine that with a diet, as long as it is a healthy diet there is nothing wrong with that. But I would concentrait on learning all you can about Bladder Cancer and following the advice of a doctor and spending very little time reading paperbacks written by "doctors" who claim to cure cancer with a diet.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #32450 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Biopsy results
I'm very familiar with Budwig...and i'm glad he's also going to do the BCG along with the flaxseed and cottage cheese...couldn't hurt. But... BCG is a tough one for those over 80....
www.urologiconcology.org/article/S1078-1439(07)00126-3/abstract
I honestly would write Dr. Lamm and ask his advise on the BCG and your husbands age. He may suggest a much lower dose and a shorter course. He's very good at responding.
www.bcgoncology.com/drlamm/askdrlamm.html
Wishing you absolutely the best......Pat
K..the complete URL did not register correctly so you'll have to go over it with your mouse and copy and paste the complete URL.
pat

13 years 9 months ago #32449 by kmcintosh
Replied by kmcintosh on topic Biopsy results
Will like I said, my husband feels if he does the BCG and flax oil and cottage cheese,and the tranfer point, he can hope to keep the cancer under control.
So trying alteratives to us is worth the effort.We are also staying on a Alkaline diet.
We'll keep on course here.
Google Budwig for more info and also Bill Henderson for more info.
Hope all is well with you Pat.
I appriecate the feed back. this is a great site for infomation and communicating.
We'll keep in touch and up today.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne