joint pain after bcg treatments

6 years 8 months ago #53777 by Barb61
Replied by Barb61 on topic joint pain after bcg treatments
My eyes are bothering me started after first BCG treatment red itchy swollen bruising I told doctor and he didn't seem to concerned but it is listed as a common side effect

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #32461 by joeman
Replied by joeman on topic joint pain after bcg treatments
thank you pat for the quick reply. it is amazing what we have to pay a dr. these days just so we can educate ourselves as to what might really be happening to us. thak god for this site and all the caring people like yourself.
joeman

13 years 10 months ago #32457 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic joint pain after bcg treatments
Joeman..one thing i would definately do is send your slides to Johns Hopkins for a second opinion on pathology. They're one of the best and will know if there was enough taken for proper staging.
I kind of get the feeling your uro doesn't see much bladder cancer. Ta low grade usually is just a watch and wait protocol. BCG is not effective with low grade. And its pretty much common place to do a re-Turb at about the 6 week mark after the first just to make sure all margins are clean and no seeding has taken place.
You might want to seek a second opinion??? If you need help navigating that just let me know.
pat

13 years 10 months ago #32456 by joeman
hello everyone again

finally recieved a copy of my pathology report. as new as this all is to me, i am not well educated with terminology as of yet,so please bear with me. final diagnosis says....

A bladder base biopsies-low grade noninvasive papillary transitional cell carcinoma

B left lateral bladder wall biopsies- low grade noninvasive papillary transitional cell carcinoma

additional comments

the above process is characterized as a ta lesion according to the ajcc classification scheme

i think if im learning my lessons,this indicates about the best i can hope for. anyway, thats it for now. goodnight everyone, and thanks for letting me unload again.
joeman

13 years 10 months ago #32320 by joeman
hi patricia
two tumers, both quite small. i will definatly get a copy this coming week. i'm beginning to to think i need to research the dr. more than the disease . at any rate, thanks for responding.
joe man

13 years 10 months ago #32309 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic joint pain after bcg treatments
While you're there ask for a copy of your pathology report. You need to know Stage as well as grade to know why he even decided on BCG..and how large was the tumor..were there many tumors?
pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne