Looking Ahead

13 years 10 months ago #31909 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Looking Ahead
I second Pat's opinion so that makes me the second opinion.

CIS is highly aggressive and a nasty beast. Get to a top place with the top doc now so hopefully you will live a long and fruitful life and even be able to keep your bladder.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #31910 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Looking Ahead
I second Pat's opinion so that makes me the second opinion.

CIS is highly aggressive and a nasty beast. Get to a top place with the top doc now so hopefully you will live a long and fruitful life and even be able to keep your bladder.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 10 months ago #31907 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Looking Ahead
Young Gun..Since you're in Virginia i would highly recommend you get a second opinion at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore with Dr. Mark Schoenberg...He's a top man in the field and Hopkins is #1 in Urology
urology.jhu.edu/markschoenberg/index.php
pat

13 years 10 months ago #31902 by Young Gun
Replied by Young Gun on topic Looking Ahead
Ok thanks for the responses. I'm not too worried about surviving through this since I'll do whatever I need to and there's no point to worry more than that, I'm just trying to keep my life as normal as possible beyond that.

I had the TURP done because in the first biopsy they took a random sample on the lining by the prostate and it was positive. That procedure actually turned up clean though, so it might not have been multifocal after all.

I'm not in the military, and I'm currently in Virginia. I think I've found a few good Urologists around here since I have some connections to some very good physicians through my family.

13 years 10 months ago #31899 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Looking Ahead
Young Gun..here is a very good article written and discussion of bladder cancer found in very young patients..its very encouraging. The most important thing for you to do is follow up with a top urologist who deals with bladder cancer on a regular basis. If you tell me where you are i can guide you to a good uro or facility.
www.medscape.com/viewarticle/405400_2
Your prognosis is very good if you are compliant.
All of the people who are cited in this article are top urologists from around the country.
Pat

13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #31898 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Looking Ahead
Young Gun my thoughts are also with you, especially being so young. Mike is right in this is a cancer you will monitor the rest of your life. The good news is many, many people beat this. I am 2 years free and many on this forum are way past that. Lot's of hope and positives!

All I would add is ask away and join all of us as we fight and help each other on this. No question is too good or bad to share. Wonderful resource people. I am even guessing Pat has a reason asking about military service but, I'll let you answer her. She is a "guru" along with others on this board

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne