First BCG Yesterday

14 years 3 weeks ago #30615 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic First BCG Yesterday
I just had my 7th treatment (the first of 3 maintenance ones this month), and boy did my bladder remember them!! I peed blood and had spasms for six hours....after that, I'm pretty OK except that I had muscle cramps all night while trying to sleep, and I think it's because I was very tense for those six hours. I'm going to see if I can get a muscle relaxer next week. OH - I went out to my car and turned on the seat cover and seat back heaters for awhile :lol: they acted like a heating pad while the cramping was happening!

My doctor seems to think that if you DON'T have side effects, then it probably ain't workin'.... I'm gonnna go with that for now! Hang in there.

Lauren

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #30614 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic First BCG Yesterday
I just had my 7th treatment (the first of 3 maintenance ones this month), and boy did my bladder remember them!! I peed blood and had spasms for six hours....after that, I'm pretty OK except that I had muscle cramps all night while trying to sleep, and I think it's because I was very tense for those six hours. I'm going to see if I can get a muscle relaxer next week. OH - I went out to my car and turned on the seat cover and seat back heaters for awhile :lol: they acted like a heating pad while the cramping was happening!

My doctor seems to think that if you DON'T have side effects, then it probably ain't workin'.... I'm gonnna go with that for now! Hang in there.

Lauren

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

14 years 3 weeks ago #30612 by mollyspal
Replied by mollyspal on topic First BCG Yesterday
Well, I have now progressed to my 2nd treatment and found out for myself that the side effects are cumulative. After the second treatment the flu like symptoms hit me sooner after treatment, lasted longer and I had the joint aches that I didn't have the first time. I even had a little of the burning on voiding the bladder that I didn't have the first time (not too bad though). I can see the cumulative effect but still not too bad and nowhere near chemo therapy.

Turbt Dec 2009
BCG every 3 months since Feb 2010

14 years 3 weeks ago #30602 by karenb
Replied by karenb on topic First BCG Yesterday
Just had my 1st BCG yesterday. After being delayed one week.
Had no problem holding for 2 hrs. No problems later either.
Was pretty tired last night, but I attribute that to babysitting 21mo grandson for 7 hours. Which I had the energy he does. I know from reading on websites and from the wonderfully helpfull and knowledgeable people here, that the effects can increase as the treatments progress. I have put it in my head that I will not have any adverse side effects at all. Hope that works!

14 years 3 weeks ago #30600 by cljjlk
Replied by cljjlk on topic First BCG Yesterday
I'm not an old pro at BCG, but I have had 9 and anticipate many more. I too experience the flu like symptoms for a few hours after the treatment. For me they don't get any worse. However the fatigue seems to progress and joint discomfort seems to last longer. I don't find it intolerable, just annoying. Hang in there....Chuck :S

dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10

14 years 3 weeks ago #30583 by stevegrimes14
Replied by stevegrimes14 on topic First BCG Yesterday
Everyone reacts differently to the BCG treatments, and you can count that it will not always be easy, but it works. I always took a day off after the treatments and it worked well. I had 24 treatments, many here have had more. Do your homework, report side effects to your doctor and good luck.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne