Feeling rough 72 hours after BCG?

17 years 4 months ago #2877 by The_Rabbit
Replied by The_Rabbit on topic Feeling rough 72 hours after BCG?
Hi

Took Steve to GP yesterday as he was so poorly. Diagnosed a severe kidney infection which, in fact, produces the fever, chills, severe lower back pain. I am glad it is this (although am sorry he is so poorly) rather than it being a bad reaction to the BCG - but this infection may be masking any symptoms he may be having anyway. Is on antibiotics and is going to hospital tomorrow for second instillation - I don't think they will give it to him but we shall go anyway and see what happens.

Thanks for your feedback, it certainly helps

Rab

GP aware of haematura in Jan 06
Diagnosed BC Nov 06
T1G3 with CIS
Age 46, Smoked since 15, gave up at diagnosis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2873 by yosemite05
Replied by yosemite05 on topic Feeling rough 72 hours after BCG?
Hi Rabbit--My husband had the body aches and less energy while going through the BCG treatments. His lower back bothered him a lot. He never had a fever but had a lot of bladder irritation. As treatment progressed, he would have a bloody dishcharge for a day or two after treatment. He's gone through three rounds of treatment--1st one was a series of 6 and the second and third were 3 times each. His check ups have all been great. Give him lots TLC and remember that things will get better.

17 years 4 months ago #2849 by The_Rabbit
Replied by The_Rabbit on topic Feeling rough 72 hours after BCG?
Thanks Wendy. I have now phoned the Urology Nurse a the Hospital who suggested that if his symptoms persisted tomorrow then take a urine sample of gp for testing - perhaps it is a UTI? She said it is unusual to have a reaction 3 days after the instillation - most reactions occur much faster than that apparently and to drink as much as possible - but not tea or coffee. He said he no longer feels hot just extremely lethargic - no energy and a dull ache in the 'kidney' region. I'll let you know how he progresses.

Rab

Diagnosed BC Nov 06
T1G3 with CIS

17 years 4 months ago #2847 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Feeling rough 72 hours after BCG?
Hi Rab,

I'm sorry to say that this kind of reaction is not uncommon. Any sign of fever call the doctor immediately!

The official line is that BCG does not have cumulative side effects. I have noticed that some people certainly DO seem to have worse side effects as time goes on, but that's not a scientific observation and goes against the official story. I hope that I'm 100% wrong and that Steve has no trouble after this.

I"m pretty sure it's unwise to do the treatment in the face of irritative symptoms from the preceding one.

Have you read this page:
blcwebcafe.org/bcg.asp
And Dr. Lamm has lots to say about BCG:
blcwebcafe.org/drlammsprotocol.asp

All the best,
Wendy

17 years 4 months ago #2844 by The_Rabbit
Feeling rough 72 hours after BCG? was created by The_Rabbit
Hi

Steve is feeling really rough today and has left office and is in bed! Had first BCG on Friday 8th. Been fine all weekend. Today woke up with chills, achy body and no energy. Is this normal? Bit worried as second instillation is on Thursday. I said I would phone hospital to check out his symptoms but he wants me to wait until tomorrow. Keep thinking if he feels like this after first BCG how is he going to feel with subsequent instillations? As he has a T1/G2 and CIS I know how important this treatment is.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Rab

Diagnosed BC Nov 06
T1G3 with CIS

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne