I think you need to get some more opinions on the pathology. If it is indeed T3 you are getting into dangerous territory. Most uros recommend bladder removal for T2. I remember what I went through trying to decide if I should continue BCG or get my bladder out. It was the hardest decision I have ever made in my life. I asked my GP what he thought and I will never forget his response. He recommended that I concentrate on saving my life and not an organ. In the end though it is your decision and not a doctors or anyone elses.
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006
Thanks Pat: The Surgeon and I are taking that into consideration as she wants to view the pathology herself before considering an alternative to surgery. Mainly she wants to see if I have been properly diagnosed as far as staging. I originally thought that I was beyond superficial when Cysto removed CIS on my last two operations. So, if she finds anything to indicate otherwise I have already scheduled the surgery just in case. This way I will not waist time. Going to see another Doc tomorrow to discuss same thing... see what he has to say.
Not fun in either case, but I am determined to get through this thing as best I can with the best of all possible outcomes.
Rudy...read this...its free to register and read......
Its your call.....but we all know of cases of understaging.
There are more articles on this in "Articles of Interest"....
I am putting this out there to gain some perspective from all of you experienced warriors.
I've just come from a consult for what I thought would be prep-interview with a top Bladder surgeon. What I found out was a much better description of my condition than I had gotten from my Uro Doc.
The Dilemma: My cancer has progressed from T1 to T3 in 5 years, I thought that once it got to T3 I was done. I thought I needed to have the bladder removed. What I did not know was that it is still considered superficial because the Stage has not progressed beyond the inner liner of the bladder wall. Urothelium, Propia... This according to the Surgeon enables me to try another round (this will be my 3rd) of Chemo probably BCG. Surgeon says I am in a very gray area! So do I just get it over with and remove the bladder or give Chemo one more shot? If I am closely monitored do I risk waiting and try the Chemo? Or is it just not worth it and go for the removal?
I am consulting another surgeon tomorrow.
Any and all thoughts welcome!