1st Experience with BCG

14 years 6 months ago #28019 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic 1st Experience with BCG
Well I can not top 33 treatments but I finished my 30th treatments in February. My dx TA Gr 1.
I had 2 early recurrences while on weekly treatments, but am now 23 months cancer free. Next Cysto on the 19th.
For me the side effects were progressive.
I wish you the very best with your treatments.
BCG = Bladder Cancer Gone
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #28012 by sandie
Replied by sandie on topic 1st Experience with BCG
I had my 33rd BCG treatment (can anyone top that?) (third of a three week maintenance) two weeks ago and my bladder is just today starting to feel OK. Yes, it is cumulative. My best hint would be lots water but make sure it's not all cold water.....it can give you chills all by itself! Also, I don't look at the screen....it creeps me out, too.

14 years 6 months ago #28011 by cljjlk
Replied by cljjlk on topic 1st Experience with BCG
Lauren,

I am also going through my first BCG after my last TURBT found a TAG3 tumor. I just completed week 4 and like you have not found it too difficult. I would have to say that the main side effect for me has been the fatique. This last time I ran a little fever (chills - body aches) , but no bleeding, burning or pain. I have also been having a discharge that starts about 3 hours after and last about 24 hours. Again, no discomfort assosciated with the discharge. So all in all, it has not been too bad compared to some people here. I am told that the BCG treatment is cumlative and I have to agree. Anyhow, hang in there and keep the prayers going. I have a lot of people praying for me and if you like will include you on the list.
Chuck :cheer:

dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10

14 years 6 months ago #28003 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic 1st Experience with BCG
Lauren,

Glad to hear it went so well. Hope it continues to be that way for you.

I only watched on the monitor one time. That was when my wife came in to watch the procedure. Every other time I was perfectly content to stare at the ceiling trying to imagine being somewhere else. :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 6 months ago #28000 by lhpdogs
1st Experience with BCG was created by lhpdogs
With my 3rd recurrence of TaG1 happening in August, I have now started BCG treatments... first one was last Friday, and I was pleasantly surprised that I really had no pain, no bleeding, and very little urgency. I did notice some tissue sloughed off for a couple of days this week... but I hope the next five treatments go as well! )I'm really getting tired of watching the screen during my cystos, and saying "uh-oh" at the same time my doctor does!!:laugh: )

Lauren

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne