Good..no Great News again!

13 years 1 week ago #37243 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Good..no Great News again!
Hello Yosarian... Congrats on another good, er... GREAT report!

I am new here since you last posted. I went back and read your original story and it so aptly illustrates how we are all connected through our battles with a common enemy, times of deep fear and anxiety, furtive hopes for good outcomes, and always acceptance and encouragement for each other on this site--especially celebrating good news.

I am 15 months out from initial dx and only recently am able not to think about BC every hour of the day. Even though my follow ups have been clean and cancer free, it's the ever-present thought that it might come back that is so haunting and daunting. I'm happy to hear that it gets to the point where you can actually forget about it for extended periods of time and I aspire to get there too.

Loved your closing funnies! Gave me a good laugh tonight!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #37242 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Good..no Great News again!
Four years cancer free = wonderful!! Thank you for sharing your good news.

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

13 years 1 week ago #37241 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Good..no Great News again!
Yosarian, that is GREAT NEWS :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That is what makes this such a wonderful resource, from the first word that you have Bladder Cancer with the fear and not knowing anything about BC, thru all the hills and valleys, you are never alone.
We have all been where the "newbie" is, and there are others that are years ahead of each of us. It gives all such hope!
Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

13 years 1 week ago #37240 by Yosarian
Replied by Yosarian on topic Good..no Great News again!
Re:Good..no Great News again & Again!!
Hello all, 4/7/2011

Just another word of hope for many on this site....I just had another 6 month csyto and NMP and urine cytology and all were terrific! So it has been about 4 years since being first diagnosed and no re-occurrence! I continue Dr. Lamms protocol. (There is more info in my first year posts)

So I continue to write these updates to let you know there is real and certain hope...as I do so well remember the fear, dread, and anxiety way back then,,, I didn’t think I would ever again spend a single hour without thinking about BC…now I spend days and even weeks…

I wish all well in their BC wars and hello to Patricia and hope you are doing as well as can be,,,you are terrific.

And once again thank you to all of you who helped during those first bleak months,,,,you are my hero's!

Best to all;

Your buddy in the BC wars….

Yosarian

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

I went to an extremely attractive female doctor today for my annual checkup. She told me that I had to quit masturbating. I asked why and she told me, "because I am trying to examine you."

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

I always take life with a grain of salt, plus a slice of lemon, and a shot of tequila!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

13 years 7 months ago #34024 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Good..no Great News again!
Hi YO!!..
Glad to hear you posting back in and good news continues!!
Have you been back up to see our favorite curmudgeon? I heard a rumor he was going to retire? He's a great surgeon.
Don't overdo that BCG...had one gal in Ca. who did and her bladder died...really........Dr. Gill had to take it out even though there was no cancer in there. More is not always better......gee with those encouraging comments i know i've made your day!!
Stay well...keep writing!
Pat

13 years 7 months ago #34022 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Good..no Great News again!
Great news Yosarian! Thanks for stopping by with an update and thanks for the joke lines! LOL. :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne