Yeast Infection Side Effect of BCG?

17 years 2 days ago #4554 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Yeast Infection Side Effect of BCG?
My various and gross infections have finally been determined to be an indirect result of the reactive arthritis which was a direct result of BCG.s.  These infections are too gross to be described in writing.  

I'm beginning to wonder if the fungal infection under the breast was yeast at all as it did not respond to the oral or topical medication prescribed for yeast.  The vaginal infection was determined to be bacterial.

However, by taking the oral antibiotics for sinus and vagina, I did contract an unmistakable yeast infection, even while taking a daily portion of yogurt.

I was happy to see that my old herbal remedies were helpful in alleviating this most uncomfortable malady.  My faith in my herbal mentors is returning.

So, what has helped is...

1.  probiotics (I use the kind you mix in water)

2.  Pau d'arco tea

3.  A homemade powder that I make using bentonite clay, ground oatmeal, cornstarch and a couple
   of drops of tea tree oil (very soothing)

I am coming to learn that correct diagnosis is three quarters of the battle.

Your BC friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 6 days ago #4489 by Jenny_UK
Replied by Jenny_UK on topic Yeast Infection Side Effect of BCG?
Hello fellow sufferers!! I too have had numerous yeast infections, but I've had problems with them for years and they've often occurred at the same time as my frequent UTIs (interesting.....). The most recent one occurred as I was having my BCG - I put it down to the frequent washing we have to do, but now I am intrigued that there may be some other connection? The only treatment I can get for thrush from my GP is anti-fungals, not a great long-term solution in my book, and he has absolutely NO clue as to how I could go about preventing an attack in the first place. My friend who lives in Spain has recommended various 'acidifying' products that I can't get over here, she offers to post them to me! I've just started an aggressive dietary regime of cutting out all refined sugar (easy at home but I'm not so sure about eating out...) plus a herbal supplement plus Acidophilus capsules plus 'good' yoghurt plus probiotic cereals (phew!) - I'll let you know how I get on!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for creating this place where we can all talk about such things!! Thrush can make you feel so :-[ and finding people to talk to who understand makes me feel so much more :)
Jenny xxxxxxxxx

Dx 2005 age 32 T1 G2-3, lots of ops & intravesical Rx since, now having BCG as a preventative treatment 'cos I got the ALL CLEAR just before Easter 07! Yippeeeee!!

17 years 3 months ago #2771 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Yeast Infection Side Effect of BCG?
I know. I know. At least I have you guys here to commiserate with :)

I am seeing GP on Friday and will get something for yeast.

I'm eating lots of yoghurt too.

Thanks,
Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 3 months ago #2761 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Yeast Infection Side Effect of BCG?
Yeesh, Rosemary, all us girls know yeast infections are no fun. Is there any possible nasty side effect from BCG that you did not run into yet? Poor you.

At least there are cheap over the counter tx's these days for that one.

Take care,
Wendy

17 years 3 months ago #2760 by Rosemary
Yeast Infection Side Effect of BCG? was created by Rosemary
Hey Gang,

Got another one! I have developed a yeast infection which I haven't had in years and years.

I googled the information and our web site popped up with a possible answer.  I found this right here on the site....

Ain't this fun? :P

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne