How many..........?

14 years 7 months ago #27472 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic How many..........?
I will chime in, Pat. I know I sound like a broken record to all my friends, but I am the "queen" of second opinions. So far, at different times, over my three years of BC I have gone for 4 second opinions:woohoo: All different doctors, just to make sure my Uro and I were moving in the right direction. I recently went to Moffitt Cancer Center, and am actually transferring, because they see more BCG side effects than my Uro and will treat them immediately. My Uro always encouraged "second" opinions:laugh:
I always thought it would be terrible to think "if only I had..........."

Nix

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #27462 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic How many..........?
Bill...ok...i know i'm like a broken record......
GET A SECOND OPINION
You're not that far from Johns Hopkins..go to the best.
Anyone else want to support me on this? Or should i just go away
Pat

14 years 7 months ago #27460 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic How many..........?
I forgot to say that when my brother got insurance and they did a test after ten years there was no sign of the bc, but he did have lung cancer. Rocky

14 years 7 months ago #27443 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic How many..........?
I was diagnosed in May, 2001 with bladder cancer. I've had 6 surgeries -- still non-invasive and still have my bladder.

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

14 years 7 months ago #27441 by DoninRichmond
Replied by DoninRichmond on topic How many..........?
:( Well if you remember, 2-weeks after BCG #6, I got a Prostate Infection, at least that is what the Uro has labeled it. Have been on antibiotics 2/day for 3-weeks now. Still have same symptoms, pain at about a 4 (scale 1-10, 10-worst).

I asked a week ago if we should treat it as a "TB" problem from the BCG, he said absolutely NOT:angry: !

Guess I'll call the Uro's office Monday :S I am scheduled to start BCG maintenance Sept 10.

Bill Jr
Tumor removed 5/4/09
\"T1 high-grade\"
Started \"BCG\" 5/21/09
Have a 2-yr treatment schedule

14 years 7 months ago #27434 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic How many..........?
My Dad had blc, and was I think more than 10 years out with no recurrence when he died of unnrelated lung cancer (related in the sense that both the blc and the lung cancer were no doubt caused/exacerbated by smoking). I think he'd had only one recurrence after the initial diagnosis, and was definitely on annual check-ups only for at least 5-7 years as I recall.

I manged to go 2 years with no recurrence after the first tumor, and now one year out all clear after the first recurrence. On BCG (maintenance), and continue to be hopeful.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne