BCG Maintenance ?

14 years 7 months ago #27364 by jtroiano
Replied by jtroiano on topic BCG Maintenance ?
Update: They always check my urine before.

So Thursday at about 9:30 I had my treatment. 11:15 I started drinking water. Pretty much sat on the toilet for 2 more hours but kept drinking. The bleeding and clots stopped after about 3 hours. Last time all night. I drank 7/8th of the gallon of water and then the fever hit. I have to say the water helped the pain and blood. Still have a little fever this morning but feel better than last week.

Jon T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #27360 by DoninRichmond
Replied by DoninRichmond on topic BCG Maintenance ?
:S Yep! Know what you mean. I have only had the 1st 6-BCG's. My side effects, were urgency, painful urination, extreme-fatigue. The side effects were progressive. My treatments were very difficult but manageable.
I did bleed like the devil after #6. But my NP who administers the BCG said that bleeding would be expected and I should not worry :side: My urine is checked prior to any BCG treatment.

2-weeks after #6, I got a "world class" prostste infection and am on antibiotics 2/day for 28-days. I get a 7-day break and start maintenance BCG's. However after 2-wks on antibiotics I have no relief at the prostate.

I wish you all the best my friend, as we both fight this dreaded disease.:)

Bill Jr
Tumor removed 5/4/09
\"T1 high-grade\"
Started \"BCG\" 5/21/09
Have a 2-yr treatment schedule

14 years 7 months ago #27353 by jtroiano
Thanks for the input. I guess I just have to suck it up. I think I'm going drink a ton of water tomarrow and see if it helps.
This will be my 8th.

Jon

14 years 7 months ago #27349 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic BCG Maintenance ?
I have completed 12 maintenance BCG treatments. My side effects, were urgency, painful urination, fatigue, slight temperature, bladder spasms, and multiple UTI's.
The side effects were progressive. My last few treatments were very difficult but manageable.
I am now 20 months cancer free.
Ensure your urine is checked prior to any BCG treatment.
I wish you all the best,
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

14 years 7 months ago #27348 by jtroiano
Thank you. I think I'll print it out and bring it with me.

Jon

14 years 7 months ago #27344 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic BCG Maintenance ?
One of the best papers i've read on non-invasive...note the part about BCG about midway down. Sometimes they give you instructions and sometimes they don't.
How close is your toothbrush to the toilet? I would definately buy a new very soft one and keep it out of the bathroom.
And why do nurses make stuff up?
www.uspharmacist.com/content/s/82/c/14080/
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne