Oncovite

17 years 4 months ago #2711 by Bob_P
Replied by Bob_P on topic Oncovite
Rosemary,
Thanks for the "leg work" and the web site. Very interesting....I take it that your quote is from his web site so I will check that out.  
Maybe a bone scan would be appropriate if one was taking Oncovite for an extended period of time (to check for osteoporosis or osteopenia)?
I've never been a smoker so I wouldn't have to worry about the smoking/beta-carotene problem.
Bob P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2708 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Oncovite
I did some leg work for you...

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2706 by Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2705 by Rosemary
Bob,

I just got a 2nd reply to a question that I posed to Dr. Lamm at his website.  (See my thread about Dr. Lamm in Superficial Bladder Cancer) He is very kind to take the time to reply to my questions, as he does for many suffering from bladder cancer.

As it was he who developed the Oncovite, I wonder if you have taken a search of FAQ's at his web site ?
I bet this question has been posed to him before.  

If not, you might write to him.

It is incredible to me, that with all his research and work and as busy as he must be, that he takes the personal time to reply to questions.

I'll be back in a minute with that web site.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2703 by Bob_P
Oncovite was created by Bob_P
After reading some good things about Oncovite's possible reduction of tumor recurrence, I bought a couple of bottles on the Internet.  But now that I read the label I'm wondering how safe it is.
I notice that the Vitamin A content is 9,000 units per tablet.  If I take 4 tablets per day, I'm getting a whopping 36,000 units.
According to the U. of California, Berkeley Wellness Letter, anything over 6,000 units per day may cause bone fractures in people over 50:

"Lower levels of vitamin A. The multi should contain no more than 5,000 IU of vitamin A (that’s 100% of the Daily Value), but at least 40% of this should be in the form of beta carotene (the label will say, for instance, “50% as beta carotene” under vitamin A). Getting more than about 6,000 IU of vitamin A itself from food and supplements increases the risk of fractures in people over 50. Beta carotene is safe for your bones, though high doses (more than in a basic multi) may increase the risk of lung cancer in smokers."

Or do the benefits of new tumor reduction outweigh the risk of the possibility of fractures? Any thoughts on this?

Bob P.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne