Pain slowly returns?

14 years 8 months ago #27011 by DoninRichmond
Replied by DoninRichmond on topic Pain slowly returns?
No! I have a cysto in 3 1/2 weeks. At that time, it will have been 6-weeks since my last BCG and about 3-months since my TURB.

Bill Jr
Tumor removed 5/4/09
\"T1 high-grade\"
Started \"BCG\" 5/21/09
Have a 2-yr treatment schedule

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #27010 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Pain slowly returns?
so he did the TURB l/2 week after last BCG treatment? Did i read that right? Yeah i bet you do ache especially if he disturbed any of that inflammed tissue. Definately let your uro know whats going on. Pat

14 years 8 months ago #27007 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Pain slowly returns?
Bill,

If I were you I would call the uro just to let him know. I don't think it's cancer return, but it's a good idea to let him know. I think BCG can cause some inflamation beyond a few weeks, but don't take my word for it. Maybe some other folks who've been in recent BCG can tell you if they've had the same thing and what their docs said caused it.

If that feeling that is something to be concerned about doesn't go away, maybe ask your uro about maybe doing a FISH or NMP22 test. Both are urine tests so it's not another cysto or scan. Might be worth it just for peace of mind.

I hope it's nothing! Been so long since I had BCG (and I didn't do well on it anyway) that I don't remember if I had low grade pain like you mentioned or not.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #27002 by DoninRichmond
Pain slowly returns? was created by DoninRichmond
I am about 3 1/2-weeks from my first "post-TURB" cysto and about 3-weeks since last BCG-treatment.

For 2-weeks after the last BCG (1st 6), I've have been pain-free, and my energy-level is returning.

However, this past Friday pain (acheing) seems to be returning to the Bladder area. This "acheing" seems to be the same I was experiencing before surgery. Level 1 -10 (10-worst) is a 2 or 3. I am concerned that it may be a hint that the caner is back:woohoo: ????? No temperature!

Example! Friend at work: 3-TURBS (1 tumor the first time, 3 the 2nd and 6 the 3rd time), he has never asked for a copy of the path-report?????? Each time the pain started off at a low level and progressed over time, although he does still have his bladder. Symptoms have yet, again, returned, and he is scheduled for a cysto a week before mine in August (he will this time ask for a copy of all past and present path-reports)!

Bill Jr
Tumor removed 5/4/09
\"T1 high-grade\"
Started \"BCG\" 5/21/09
Have a 2-yr treatment schedule

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne