Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this?

17 years 3 months ago #2662 by dah111
Replied by dah111 on topic Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this?
A friend of mine just told me about this - she saw it on TV in some kind of report....I used to cook with bacon fat all the time, and bacon - cheeseburgers were one of my faves! I've stopped eating all that kind of stuff for tehe most part. And we just decided that pig meats in general are probably not good for you, just to be on the safe side.....

Debbie
Born 1956 Female, Caucasian
Virginia, USA
Smoked Cigarettes 1971- 2004
Diagnosed June 2004
T1, G2/3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #2661 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this?
Hi,

I hadn't seen that survey - do you know when or where I can get a copy?

Did they differentiate between bacons? Sweet cures, honey cures, smoked, lean, fatty, fried, grilled. Based on just BACON it could be cookinmg oil or carcinogenic changes during cooking as with the increase of carcinogens in ground beef grilled!

Are you sure it isn't Zionist propaganda  ;) & that Rab isn't a disguise for Rabbi not Rabbit  ;D Does Steve stop off for his Bacon sandwiches at Blooms on his way home from Schule :-[

SERIOUSLY:
We should be looking at trends - does BC have a link with ethnicity, or religion, does instance in black and coloured populations in Britain and America reflect the norms of Caribean and or Africa? Are Indians more prone in India or in America or Britain, do Germans, Swedes, Dutch, Chinese have higher prevelance - are changes seemingly due to dietry or occupation - economic circumstances WHAT ARE THE TRENDS?

I refuse to be a victim - join me and lets see if we can force Big Pharma Corp whom no one trusts to look for cures NOT profitable treatments of questionable value.

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 3 months ago #2655 by The_Rabbit
Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this? was created by The_Rabbit
The Daily Mail in the UK has ran article about the link between bacon and bladder cancer. A study of 135,000 over 22 years by the world renowned Harvard School of Public Health confirmed that 800 of those surveyed developed bladder cancer and statistics suggested that those who ate bacon more than 5 times a week were 59% more likely to develop the disease!

Steve has given up his cigarettes but I know he won't give up his bacon sandwiches - which he has once a week! Have you heard about this study in the US?

Rab

GP aware of haematura in Jan 06
Diagnosed BC Nov 06
T1G3 with CIS
Age 46, Smoked since 15, gave up at diagnosis

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne