Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this?

17 years 2 months ago #3400 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this?
Hey its anybodys guess...you could name any food and come out with that percentage...look at what we are feeding the cows, pigs, and chickens!!!..thats enough to kill ya. And if Coke will clean your toilet what do you suppose it does to your bladder? Greed is killing us.... we can't even eat our spinach and lettuce anymore and the latest was tomatoes .....ever go to the FDA recall page?...
My grandmother cooked every meal with left over bacon fat or lard...my grandfather smoked cigars, cigarettes and a pipe. They got nothing but old age.
I'm not buying into any of this!..................

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #2978 by Jmema
Replied by Jmema on topic Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this?
Bob,
Wait until I show that link to my granddaughter. Ought to make for some very interesting conversation. Guess I will go back to Frank Perdue as his chickens sure are a lot cheaper. ;)
Thanks for the link....Jean

17 years 3 months ago #2967 by Bob_P
Replied by Bob_P on topic Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this?
Well, as the article says: more research is needed. It's the old cause-and-affect puzzle. Maybe those people that (or is it who?) ate 5 bacon sandwiches a week, also smoked and worked as hair dyers and ate high fat diets, etc.
and Jmema, you can eat free range chickens because you feel sorry for cooped up chickens but even cooped up chickens haven't had any growth hormones since 1959 (common myth).   ;)

www.plamondon.com/faq_myths.html

my 2 cents.

I'm going to stick to a low fat (no red meat, no bacon), high veg./fruit/soy diet that includes some white meat chicken for now until there is a proven link. We have to have some fun in life............ :)

Bob P

17 years 4 months ago #2911 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this?
Here's the whole article.... :-X

www.nerve.in/news:25350025482

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2910 by Jmema
Replied by Jmema on topic Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this?
I have mentioned before that my granddaughter is a certified vet tech and is trained in homeopathic treatment of animals and has done a lot of studying about people as well. She has always told me that nitrates are terrible and to stay away from bacon and smoked meats. She does not eat red meat. Only chicken, fish and turkey. Lots of veggies, fruits and beans. All organic. She was stunned when I told her about the chicken. She is going to do some research. What I don't undertand is why skinless chicken. If it's organic (free range) chicken what could be wrong with it. I do not eat "regular" chicken because of all the growth hormones they give them.I would hate to have to give that up since it's one of my favorite things and I always felt like I was doing the right thing to eat that as opposed to a pork chop or big piece of steak. My goodness Claire, we are going to have to find a new favorite food. :o
Jean

17 years 4 months ago #2906 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Bacon and BC! Has anyone else read this?
Even though our diets varied from vegetarian, to no meat, to organic to herbs to whatever other type nutritional plan we followed that differed. I bet there was one thing that was similiar in all of us who contracted bladder cancer - STRESS. I believe that to be the cause of all dis-ease. Get the play on words.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne