Neobladder and sitting too long

14 years 9 months ago #26392 by Silk
Replied by Silk on topic Neobladder and sitting too long
Hi,

I also have a neo and a desk job, however, I do not have your problem, but another problem with the neo, but if I may suggest using the stairs at least twice a day. If your restroom is on your floor, use the stairs to go to another floor. The up and down is a great help in keeping things moving along. It is worth a try.

Silk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #26244 by reseda1420
Replied by reseda1420 on topic Neobladder and sitting too long
I'm inclined to agree that its something along those lines. I notice that I don't have the problem on weekends and I also find that being stretched out in bed at night seems to clear it too. That part doesn't seem to square exactly with your experience.

My guess is that there is something about position which tends to maybe squeeze or bend the area that would be where the mucus will accumulate, sort of like a bend in a tube. There is probably some differences due to the way the surgery happened to be done in each of our bodies.

Anyway we now both know we aren't alone with that symptom.

14 years 9 months ago #26242 by SailorMan
Replied by SailorMan on topic Neobladder and sitting too long
I don't get this at my desk but whenever I am in the hospital for a couple of days, I get a mucus blockage at least once per day. I think its the being too still that does it to me. When I am in my office, i guess I am moving around enough to not have the problem.

14 years 9 months ago #26153 by njmason32
Replied by njmason32 on topic Neobladder and sitting too long
I'm not too sure about the "Why" of it but I have heard that cranberry juice helps keep the mucus build up under control. At least my wife believes in it for me, cause it seems to appear in my lunch box a heck of a lot. Ya' might want to give it a try.

14 years 9 months ago #26127 by reseda1420
Neobladder and sitting too long was created by reseda1420
First, my work requires that I be sitting at a desk all day.

My issue is that be mid afternoon I begin to have trouble with mucus blocks slow voiding. Once I leave work, everything starts going back to normal with mucus blocks clearing and in a couple of hours everything is fine.

Any theories why this happens?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne