Just Checking In.....

14 years 10 months ago #25923 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Just Checking In.....
Slabman keep up the good news!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #25920 by SexySexyBB
Replied by SexySexyBB on topic Just Checking In.....
Hi Slabman. Would you believe I'm still reovering from my last set of treatments that ended March 30? Recently saw a rheumotologist who has suggested my symptoms sound like Polymyalgia Rheumatica. He did agree that could be a side effect of the treatments. Anyway, the normal treatment for PMR is prednisone. I told him I don't want my immune system compromised. He agreed to wait a while as my symptoms seem to be lessening. I've also sent a message to Dr. Lamm asking about the wisdom of taking Prednisone. If I get an answer I will post it.
Enjoy your trip.

14 years 10 months ago #25917 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic Just Checking In.....
Hi Slabman
So glad things are going so well for you.

I am the opposite to Jack. This will be my 3rd summer with Turbs and Treatments. Doing Mytomycin for 6 weeks after I have my Turb.

Oh well, my cottage will be there next year.

Lucky me, I got to meet Jack and his lovely wife in Toronto. Great folks and lots of fun. Hope to see them the next time I go!

:woohoo:

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07

14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #25913 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic Just Checking In.....
Hi Slabman

Glad to see you are enjoying life. I am too, 1st summer in 3 years with no Turbs or BCG treatments. Able to golf with the guys every weekend, my wife and I planning a vacation in August, assuming I am all clear at my next Cysto in July.
Continue to enjoy, all the best,
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

14 years 10 months ago #25884 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Just Checking In.....
Glad you're enjoying life!

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

14 years 10 months ago #25881 by slabman
Just Checking In..... was created by slabman
I haven't been a very frequent visitor to this board since finishing my 15th BCG almost 4 weeks ago and hitting the road again. Surprisingly, I didn't get much of an arthritic reaction with these last 3 treatments......wondering if the 6 months between the 12th and this last series was the biggest factor? I still have the chills and am resigned to the fact I'll never get back to where I was earlier, but can live with that.

We're now traveling through So. California, passing through and camping in desert areas where temps have been up to 110. Even higher, I imagine, when we get to Death Valley. :laugh: I figure there is always good and bad with everything, but for me, I will be having no issues with that heat while the Wife suffers immensely. More heat???? Bring it on!!!!!

Yes, I'm enjoying the good health I've been blessed with but know our travels can end very quickly with the next cysto. My hope is that each and every one of you can experience the best of health with your particular BC circumstances and live the kind of lifestyle you desire. And Britt...my heart especially goes out to you...NO ONE should have to go through what you are experiencing, much less a guy who has given what you have for our Country.

Bob
T1 G3
Age 66
DX April 2008
TURB April 2008
Last BCG (#15) April 2009

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne