10% BCG Effective?

14 years 10 months ago #25924 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic 10% BCG Effective?
Thank you, I will try ditropan. I have tried other spasm meds but they don't seem to work too well. I have always had spasms, but during my last two maintenance rounds, I also get a LOT of pressure, which takes several days to go away. My best guess is that my bladder is so sensitive t0 BCG after 24 doses, it is very inflamed and takes time to heal. I do take advil (which does help somewhat)When I have my next Cysto July 13th, my bladder wall will still be very red.
I even had two red small areas 6 months after the last round. It is uncharted area how anyone will react with each treatment.

Nix

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #25919 by SexySexyBB
Replied by SexySexyBB on topic 10% BCG Effective?
Regarding your spasms. At the beginning of my second set of treatments in Feb the spasms were so bad I was in the bathroom all day and consequently didn't drink enough water. My uro wasn't available so an associate prescribed Ditropan. I took it all week and did much better after my next treatment. My uro said he didn't like this type of medication because the bladder doesn't empty fully.
My solution was to take one the night before a treatment and 3 the day of the treatment. I'm pretty sure that's why I was usually able to hold in most instances for 12-15 minutes between trips to the bathroom. You might ask your Dr. about this. I had hoped to put in a link but guess I need to be educated. At any rate you can copy and paste the url.
www.drugs.com/pro/ditropan.html
Hope this helps.

14 years 10 months ago #25873 by alsimons
Replied by alsimons on topic 10% BCG Effective?
Look forward to hearing a good report. Can't do a happy dance but I'll smile and feel good for you.

Al

14 years 10 months ago #25871 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic 10% BCG Effective?
Thanks Al. My next Cysto is in July.
Hoping for another clear.
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

14 years 10 months ago #25870 by alsimons
Sorry but I forgot to say congrats on 16 months I really hate to be rude and this site is about us....not just me.

Thanks again

Al

14 years 10 months ago #25869 by alsimons
Thanks

I also am ta t1 and this is my history

one tumor size of 2 golf balls TURBT

Pathology Report 2005 Bladder Tumor: Papillary Urothelial Carcinoma High Grade. Neither Lamina Propria nor Smooth Muscle Invasion are Identified.

45-50 tumors as stated by doc TURBT

Pathology Report 2008 Bladder Tumor: 1. High Grade Papillary Urothelial Carcinoma. No Lamina Propria Invasion Identified. Muscularis Propria is Present and is Negative for Tumor. 2. Bladder Neck Tissue, Biopsy; High Grade Papillary Urothelial Carcinoma With Underlying Prostatic Tissue, No Lamina Propria Invasion Identified.

2009 MD Anderson recommended RC

Febuary 7 more tumors identified TURBT (don't have the offical pathology report in front of me)

Pathology Report low grade

March 2009 poke and peek biopsy taken negative (scar tissue fired Doc)

April 2009 poke and peek 2 more tumors and RX of crippled bladder

Agreed to try BCG with inferon before confirming RC. Very worried about cronic UTIs so it was worth the shot.

Thats why I was concerned about BCG and ta

Take 3rd treatment April 29th

Thanks

Al

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne