A question for our other male members?

14 years 10 months ago #25747 by britt
Replied by britt on topic A question for our other male members?
None of my qeuestions were on anything that seemed life threatening. I really dont have any problems with continence or "dripping". I do seem to have less volume as I have a lot more "urgent" urinatons then befor the TURB.
I was a little concerned that I can no longer control my urine stream. I can stop/start but can no longer direct the force . Also when sitting I notice a tendency for the year to "dribble" as I start a stream. When making a stool I hae no control and shoot out urine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #25741 by slabman
Replied by slabman on topic A question for our other male members?
Britt, I've had one TURB, 4 cystos and 15 BCG's and have experinced a lot of your symptoms, so I don't think you're the exception here. I did have an enlarged prostrate issue before all this, with frequency and difficulty in urinating. My Doc said we'd address that later. Well, after all this poking and probing, I think he's enlarged the "pipe" by a great margin, so I don't have a flow problem, but cannot hold much volume at any time. I believe his nurse said my bladder was now not as elastic as before, so that will be an issue going forward. Yeah, it's frustrating, but then I consider the alternative and suddenly I feel better about these issues.

Bob
T1 G3
Age 66
DX April 2008
TURB April 2008
Last BCG (#15) April 2009

14 years 10 months ago #25668 by michstate89
Replied by michstate89 on topic A question for our other male members?
I will answer the first question - I've had 3 TURBTs, biopsies of ureters and prostate, cystos every 3 months for more than 3 years, and 6 weeks + 4 maintenance treatments of BCG. It has been 2 years since my last TURBT. I am back to normal as far as frequency and all. There is hope.

To the rest, I am sorry to hear about all the trouble with docs and facilities.

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07
BCG Maintenance after 6 week treatment

14 years 10 months ago #25655 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic A question for our other male members?
My heart goes out to you. Here's hoping it turns for the better!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

14 years 10 months ago #25647 by britt
Replied by britt on topic A question for our other male members?
I have a 100% VA disability with an Aid and Attendance pension. That means that I require a care giver to help me with meds and Im unable to do simple things such as cooking and cleaning. This granys me all care VA offers including the eye clinic an dental with no copays on care or RX. Taking 28 differnt meds a day would kill me even with the $7@ copay. They only offer me to be feeee based to an outside dr or hospital if they cant ofer the care. There were so many Vets that were pulled back in house after a year with private uros. Im a very low level case. There are so many prostate cancer and other life treatening case that its a real can of worms trying to round them up and find drs to refer to. Outside VA I have only medicare and have 20% copay on all care,

14 years 10 months ago #25643 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic A question for our other male members?
Britt,

Are you under tri-care as a vet? I am not knowledgable in this area but, am aware that civilian hospitals take some kind of coverage for vets.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne