A Cytoscopy quetstion

14 years 11 months ago #25714 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic A Cytoscopy quetstion
Donna, same here as Nix stated. Just had my follow up two weeks ago and after a nerve wrenching week I got the "benign" call. Started 2nd round of BCG last week. Everything will be just fine.

Joey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #25682 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic A Cytoscopy quetstion
Hi Donna, Good luck on Monday, I will keep you in my thoughts - it is easy to worry before the cysto, and a great reason to celebrate after the all clear sign.
Nix

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

14 years 11 months ago #25680 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic A Cytoscopy quetstion
Donna you slept with BCG, tumors never had a chance.
You will be clear, so will monitor on my birthday.
Don't forget my present.
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

14 years 11 months ago #25679 by Donna49
Replied by Donna49 on topic A Cytoscopy quetstion
My first cysto was the time that I was diagnosed in December.The uro team did not use drugs, but used a deadening gel. My doctor used a monitor and I saw the tumor up close and personal. There was no denying at that point that I had a very large coral shaped tumor floating around inside me.
I am scheduled for another one on Monday and I am hoping that there will be nothing to watch on TV! Fingers crossed!

Donna

14 years 11 months ago #25674 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic A Cytoscopy quetstion
My URO doesn't have a monitor. However, he seems to to very up on what is going on. He taught for a few years at UTSA(San Antonio)and is a diplomate of urology (not sure what diplomate implies). His bigget concern is to not miss anything.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

14 years 11 months ago #25669 by michstate89
Replied by michstate89 on topic A Cytoscopy quetstion
Never had a scope with a monitor - all have been with the eyepiece. I think I read somewhere that there is a particular type of light they can use that lets the doc see better (near UV or something and done in Europe), but I've never had it done that way either.

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07
BCG Maintenance after 6 week treatment

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne