Time lapse between TURB and BCG?

17 years 3 months ago #2650 by wildbill
Replied by wildbill on topic Time lapse between TURB and BCG?
Hi Rabbit I waited 8 weeks before I started my bcg and 10 months later I am clear of tumors so far. It's been 3 months since my last exam. I go for a poke and peek some time next month. I guess they missed me for the poke and peek this month. My doctor said I had a very aggressive cancer and was very close to removing my bladder; however, he was very successful in removing all of the tumor without proceeeding any further.

Good luck to you. Love YA.

WildBill ;)

Bill H
dob 4-19-1955
Live in la.ca
Plumber 1972----forever
12 grandkids
5 great grandkids

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #2526 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Time lapse between TURB and BCG?
Hi,

delaying a week or two won't matter but be careful as that can soon turn into a few weeks and could start to reduce the efficacy.

It was essential that Steve healed from his TURBT before BCG so 5-7 weeks is no problem but don't forget all too soon 8 weeks is 2 months!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 3 months ago #2523 by The_Rabbit
Time lapse between TURB and BCG? was created by The_Rabbit
Me again. Steve is going to commence BCG on 8th December which will be nearly 5 weeks after his TURB. Is this the norm? He was supposed to start this week but he is away in Spain. Does the time delay make a big difference? Also, all our daughters little friends have gone down with chickenpox this week so I am just waiting for the spots to erupt on her. Steve hasn't had chickenpox. If he gets it, will they still do the BCG? Oh, why does everything always happen at once...?

Rab

GP aware of haematura in Jan 06
Diagnosed BC Nov 06
T1G3 with CIS
Age 46, Smoked since 15, gave up at diagnosis

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne