Anxiety and Depression meds?

17 years 4 months ago #2521 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic Anxiety and Depression meds?
I've been on anxiety and depression meds before and they aren't what they are cracked up to be. They cause problems all of their own, in my opinion. One that I was on did damage to my kidneys. Not a lot of damage but enough to cause the drs to watch them now. I have been off them for a long time now and I fight with keeping myself calm and together. ;D Sometimes I get a little or a lot goofy :-[ but I'd rather deal with it by listening to music or reading and keeping my mind off my problems. Just my opinion. Everybody has to do what they have to, I guess. Good luck to you and get into some really good rock and roll!! ;) elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2519 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Anxiety and Depression meds?
Hi,

IF your brain doesn't produce the right chemicals then I guess you may need help coping with the fear but in the main - every bit of toxin, and all such meds are toxins, have to be filtered out!

Often the cure to get off meds proves more of a problem than the original fear.

There really isn't any cause to be surprise you are worriesd but WILL drug dependency improve that?

With or without drugs you will have to come to terms with the fear sometime - life is like that! That said YOU are the only person who can say if it is right for you. You are 34 so how much damage might the next 40-50 years on drugs do you. Join the rest of us and be frightened but try to learn to cope with it - you have managed so far and you have a supportive young wife, you can do it ;)

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 4 months ago #2515 by pweization
Anxiety and Depression meds? was created by pweization
Can I get some opinions on whether or not to take anxiety and depression meds? Does anyone else get help like this for the stresses that are involved with fighting this disease. They have been offered (and in one case insisted) but I just can't decide whether or not they're a good idea.
Thanks,
-Vin

34 yr old male
diagnosed 10/13/06
T1G3 CIS

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne