Anxiety and Depression meds?

17 years 4 months ago #2558 by pweization
Replied by pweization on topic Anxiety and Depression meds?
Pretty much just the thoughts i guess. I just need some space upstairs to deal with the now instead of the future taking over all of my thoughts.

34 yr old male
diagnosed 10/13/06
T1G3 CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2555 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Anxiety and Depression meds?
Hi,

Rosie - tooo literal ;)

The implication was that music is mind altering and the right choice can drown out the most pernicious thoughts.

regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 4 months ago #2551 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Anxiety and Depression meds?
Caligula was the scourge of the earth sick sex nut I don't see how that relates to Vin's question of anxiety as I doubt the blc has gone to his brain. Anyway, tonight, I was watching TV and saw an Outback Steakhouse commercial. The background song, which I tried to find on Internet, brought me back to the best calming. It has to do with just enjoying today. Nothing, nothing is of more hurt and fear to us than our own thoughts of 'what if." Projecting to the possible dire future with our blc and the guess work of what could happen next of dire consequences. It was good I heard that song tonight as it once again brought me back to a calm center even with the latest positive urine cytology report I just received. Too many of us spend our time worrying about negative happenings. It makes us anxious, fearful, fretting and may also cut into enjoying the moments. The moments are all we have and our only life is in our mind. Thoughts are things, so I choose my thoughts to be uplifting and positive. No, it's not the Ativan talking. LOL What is threatening you at this moment other than your thoughts?

17 years 4 months ago #2527 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Anxiety and Depression meds?
Hi,

was it not Calligulla who to drown the drumming in his head had teams of loud drummers play for him day and night.

When he died his sooth sayers and physics opened his skull and reported finding a maggot the size of a rat - almost deffinitely a cancerous Brain tumour.

Just loud drumming does little for me but how about:
Art Blackey
or
The Who
or
Guns & Roses
or
either The Drummers of Burrundi or Oummou Sengarri.

Enjoy ;)

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 4 months ago #2524 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Anxiety and Depression meds?
Vin,

Depression meds and others that were used for anxiety made me sleepy or feeling out of it. Yet I needed something to help calm the "bracing" I was doing from anxiety that was also causing costochondritis. Nothing helped until I was given a low dose of Ativan. There is no danger to the liver. I sound like I am pushing it but really just stating an alternative for you over those who posted against meds

17 years 4 months ago #2522 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic Anxiety and Depression meds?
PS... If your not into old rock, Vivaldi is great. 4 seasons.... or even Domingo and Pavarotti... Good stuff for the soul.. :) elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne