Dr. Lamm's Reply - Arthritis and BCG's

17 years 3 months ago #2704 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Dr. Lamm's Reply - Arthritis and BCG's
A new reply from Dr. Lamm. It is so kind of him to take the time to reply to my questions.

Here it is....

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #2575 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Dr. Lamm's Reply - Arthritis and BCG's
Hi,

lots of people tend to warm joints etc. when they hurt or are stiff - this may prove cuddly and cared for but if it is inflamation causing the problem - warm brings more blood, more fluid and in pure logic more inflamation! Great for healing cuts, abrasion etc.

Try a pack of peas out of the fridge - that will cool and may help!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 3 months ago #2568 by Rosemary
Thanks, Rosie

I may check out the Health Food store tomorrow, too.

I actually made my own joint relief gel using vaseline and cayenne pepper, but I honestly think that the cooling lotions offer more relief to this pain than the heating lotions.

Also, the heating pad, though it was comforting, seemed to make it worse.

It looks like this Sombra is a "cooling' application.

Thanks again for the information!

Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 3 months ago #2566 by Jmema
Replied by Jmema on topic Dr. Lamm's Reply - Arthritis and BCG's
Rosemary,
When I googled Sombra I didn't realize it comes in so many forms. I use the one that is in the jar. On the site I looked on 8 oz. was 13.99 which is just about what I pay. It's really great stuff and I hope it works for you.
Best Wishes.....Jean

17 years 4 months ago #2531 by Rosemary
Jean,

Thanks very much for the advice. I have never heard of "Sombra" but will be looking it up on the net.
I really appreciate the tip.

I will be taking your advice and letting the Doctor know about Dr. Lamms's reply.
I will let you all know how that goes...

Thank you very much for your tips!
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2514 by Jmema
Replied by Jmema on topic Dr. Lamm's Reply - Arthritis and BCG's
Dear Rosemary,
I don't think you should be afraid to give your Dr. the information from Dr. Lamm. That is sort of like giving your local chef a tip from Julia Child. I told my surgeon about the homeopathic advise I had gotten and he was very willing to listen and my local uro told me he would work with the surgeon and do as much or as little as Dr. Laudone wanted him to do. Go for it. I have found that even with the skill of all the doctors you have to be your own advocate and hopefully he will "learn" from your experience so some patient who comes along in the future will not have to go through what you have gone through.
I don't know if you have read my post about Sombra. I know you can buy it on line. Just google the word Sombra. It is a homeopathic cream and it works like a miracle on the arthritis in my hands, ankles, knees and feet. It's especially bad in my toes. Anyway, it smells great, like citrus. Maybe you could try a small jar of it and see how it works. Also, the doctor told me to take glucosamine with MSM every day and when I had to go off all vitamins before surgery I noticed the difference and it is better now that I am back on it. Arthritis is no fun.
Best wishes...Jean

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne