please listen

15 years 1 month ago #24386 by Donna49
Replied by Donna49 on topic please listen
Suzy - get that umbrella ready because you have had way too much rain lately girl friend! You know we are all behind you 150%. Good luck and let us know how you are getting on.
((((((Donna))))))))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #24375 by suzy wong
Replied by suzy wong on topic please listen
thanking you all for your support its second to nonexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 years 1 month ago #24371 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic please listen
Suzy, will keep you in my thoughts and hoping your treatments do the trick.

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07

15 years 1 month ago #24367 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic please listen
sounds like you are on your way to a second opinion, Suzy.....have at 'em, girlfriend!

Let us know how it goes. Get a doctor you like and trust.

Stephany in Iowa

15 years 1 month ago #24366 by suzy wong
Replied by suzy wong on topic please listen
cheers bj i am swaying for 2nd opinion and i do hav the same as you so thanx again my next cyto is in 3 weeks i failed with bcg but tring mytimycin the consultant i saw today is not my regular one he was very arrogant even my husband was not impressed so i need to see my regular consultant he has a much nicer manner xxxx

15 years 1 month ago #24365 by BJsHere
Replied by BJsHere on topic please listen
Suzy-

Lots to digest I know. Try not to be afraid.
Do you like your doctor?
Do you have faith in him/her?

Feb. 2003 I had blood in my urine. Went from Beringer Blush to Black Coffee in color range. Test after test could not reveal where bleeding was coming from.
Finally, in August it was discovered that the blood was coming from the right ureter. The area was large so there was not enough to reconnect to the kidney.

In October of 2003 my right kidney and ureter were removed. There was a slight trace of the transitional cell in the bladder. 6 weeks after the surgery I started BCG treatments. It rotated between the BCG and Mitamycin over 5-1/2 years with cystoscopies in the office for checkups and then in the hospital to scrape away the cells when found. There was never anything to worry about until October of 2008. The area in the bladder was wearing thin and the cells had changed appearance. The bladder needed to be removed so that the cancer could not invade my other kidney. This was all confirmed by a second opinion.

December 10, 2008 my bladder was removed. The procedure chosen was the ileal conduit due to having one kidney. I am now a "Bag Lady" or "Pouch Person" if you will. I am surprised at how well I am receivng all of this.

I had no Chemo or Radiation at anytime and after reading so many stories on this site and others, I am so glad I did not. If I was told now, that I should, I would not. What life I have left must be quality to the best of my ability!

If I can answer anything for you, please feel free to contact me.

Your BC friend,
BJ

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne