Cysto Scorecard

15 years 2 months ago #24178 by DIB
Replied by DIB on topic Cysto Scorecard
I've mostly been "lurking" but keeping track of how everyone is doing since my last clean cysto in October. I find if I log in almost every day, I am more prone to obsessing about whether next cysto will be OK so I avoid the site and have a better chance of not thinking about BC for a few days. I mean no disrespect to anyone and it does not mean that I care less about how you all are doing. Just seems to work for me.

Wife and I have been in FL now for two weeks, escaping the miserable winter in CT. Heading home soon with next cysto set for 2 weeks from now. So, in my admittedly selfish way, am checking in more frequently as I gear up for the appointment.

I also finally figured out how to get decent medical insurance after my COBRRA coverage runs out on March 1. Could not get individual coverage once the BC was diagnosed in May 2008. But CT is one of the most liberal states in defining a "group" as any entity of 2 or more persons so wife and I incorporated a 2-member LLC as "consultants" and have app pending with Anthem for group coverage. Insurance companies must write coverage for groups without medical underwriting; rates based strictly on age based underwriting - so our rates are based solely on fact that we are in the age 55-59 cohort. It seems to be working out OK, at a cost not that much more than what I was paying under COBRA (which is still ~ $16k per year with high deductible.

Anyway, anyone who wants more info on how I got the coverage, ask away, online or off.

And I will be around the site more for awhile now I suppose.

Be well,
David

Male Dx T1G3 5/08 @ Age 59. TURBT 5/08; TURBT+40 mg MMC 6/08; BCG (6) 7/08-8/08; Cysto & TURBT 9/08; BCG Maint(3) 10/08, 3/09; 7/09; 11/09; 5/10; & 1/11. Clean cystos 2/09, 9/09, 3/10, & 10/10.
The topic has been locked.
15 years 2 months ago #24164 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Cysto Scorecard
Thank you to everyone:laugh: I know I gain strength by reading success stories - even though we know with BC you are never "out of the woods" - sometimes it is just good to hear that BCG does work for some/and or for some of the time. Of course, in three months I will be worried again - but the next 90 days will be fun!

Nix

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07
15 years 2 months ago #24162 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic Cysto Scorecard
Thats wonderful news Nix.
Doing the Happy Dance for you.
:woohoo: :side: :lol: :silly: :laugh:

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07
15 years 2 months ago #24161 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Cysto Scorecard
Yahoo!!!!!

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006
15 years 2 months ago #24157 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Cysto Scorecard
Moonerj wrote:
All clears are better than winning the lotto!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
15 years 2 months ago #24155 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic Cysto Scorecard
Great news. Time to celebrate!

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne