question about followup turb

15 years 4 months ago #22573 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic question about followup turb
OH..that claifies things...its sounded like he was just going to have a fulgeration in the office.....OUCH.
My guess then is it would depend on the pathology report whether there is progression or not....if its nothing new than a re-turb not necessary.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #22572 by cas1966
Replied by cas1966 on topic question about followup turb
he is having a turb next week. my question was about a followup turb to that procedure. thanks.
claudia

15 years 4 months ago #22550 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic question about followup turb
Well yes Re-Turbs are the protocol with recurrence. How does the doctor know the white "fluffy" thing is nothing? Does he see a lot of white fluffy things in his practice that are nothing?
I'd be going for that second opinion about now....but thats just me.
Pat

15 years 4 months ago #22547 by cas1966
question about followup turb was created by cas1966
hi,

my dad will go in next week to have a "white fluffy thing" burned off that the doctor describes as not yet a tumor but something that is trying to do something or develop into something . it is in the same spot as his tumor that was removed last year. so it sounds like the very very begining of something. i know the doctor will be able to take care of it but my question is about re-turbs on reoccurances. my dad's tumor last year was T1 G2-3. the doctor automatically did a returb which came out clean. i understand the returb is basic protocol for T1. are returbs protocol w/reoccurance? i hope my dad can just have the procedure next week and go on to BCG without another procedure. he had no symptons of a new bladder tumor, just went in for his 3 month check. he does have some problems with his one kidney swelling up due to problems with his ureter having a problem draining (the spot he had a tumor at was at the opening to his one ureter). he had some back pain which was caused by his kidney swelling and will have a stent put in next week. thanks.

claudia

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne